Two quick PBF questions
1. Why is the self-assessment number for pushups set at 50, when 50 is the number you need to progress past pushups to decline pushups?
2. Do you keep any kind of log when doing PBF, so that you know how many reps you were able to do last time, etc? Or just wait until you hit your numbers and move on?
1. I see 51+ on page 54 of the pdf.
2. I log my workouts in my PB journal (see link below.)
1. Because if you can do 50+ pushups in one go, then it would be futile to keep doing that exercise, as it isn't as challenging for your body as declines. If you can do say, 20, then you would start at knee pushups, then progress to incline, then normal.
Originally Posted by Darbbb
2. I use an excel spreadsheet. I have different pages for the month, and within those months, weeks. I record each number from set 1 and 2 for each session per week. It's nice to see the numbers in front of you.
But that's my question...if you can do 50 in self assessment, then you START at level four. Why?
It's a general range for progress. Don't worry about it!
If you are already at 50, then start at level 5.
Because you have to do 50 twice. You may be able to do 50 in the assessment but no the second time through after doing the other exercises.
Skline2....that makes sense....thanks.