Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No dairy. Hemp v Soy? page

ForbiddenFruit is offline Junior Member

No dairy. Hemp v Soy?

Primal Fuel
    I haven't drunk milk for some time now. I feel better without it. This is also going to include cream so using that in coffee as per Mark's advice isn't going to work.

The one thing I'm not prepared to do without at the moment is my morning tea (in a 2 pint mug ). I simply don't function without it and while I can drink black/green/herbal tea quite happily later in the day I really, really have to have my standard cuppa with 'milk' in the morning.

I have been drinking it quite happily with unsweetened Organic Soya Milk but various bits of reading suggest Soy may not sit too happily with my hormone concerns so I'm thinking of switching to Hemp Milk

GOOD HEMP Milk - Dairy-free, Soya-free- Source of Omega 3 - Made from Hemp seeds

It doesn't come up on Fitday when I search Hemp so maybe you don't have it in the US? Or maybe it just thinks I'm trying to find cannabis cakes .

Any thoughts on how this sits? Given I'm probably only looking at a cup a day should I really not worry about it (80:20 and all that).

TIA

FF

O_O
    O_O is offline Senior Member
    I love hemp seeds so I decided to try hemp milk and it was gross tasting. I don't like soy milk either. Have you tried coconut milk?

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Quote Originally Posted by O_O View Post
    I love hemp seeds so I decided to try hemp milk and it was gross tasting. I don't like soy milk either. Have you tried coconut milk?
    I quite like Soy Milk so I'm hoping Hemp Milk won't be a problem? No, I've not tried coconut milk, I'll look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by lizch View Post
    Now this looks fantastic for coffee and I'm definitely going to give it a shot as I do miss my big evening mug of milky coffee but I can't have cream. Thank you so much for that.

I'll give it a shot but I really can't imagine it in my morning tea though :-s

O_O
    Hemp milk is fine. Just make sure you are balancing your omega 6:3's.

Why can't you have cow's milk or cream? Are you lactose intolerant or allergic?

O_O
    You can add it to fitday.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ForbiddenFruit View Post
    Now this looks fantastic for coffee and I'm definitely going to give it a shot as I do miss my big evening mug of milky coffee but I can't have cream. Thank you so much for that.

Stop imagining, start doing. It's a tough love day from me, everybody's getting some.

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ForbiddenFruit View Post

I'm drinking it with my tea as I type I do prefer it in coffee, but in black tea it's surprisingly OK...to me, anyway.
    I also love it with frozen raspberries or any time cream would be used.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by O_O View Post
    Hemp milk is fine. Just make sure you are balancing your omega 6:3's.

Why can't you have cow's milk or cream? Are you lactose intolerant or allergic?
    Lactose intolerant

Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Stop imagining, start doing. It's a tough love day from me, everybody's getting some.
    Yes boss :-)

Quote Originally Posted by lizch View Post
    I'm drinking it with my tea as I type I do prefer it in coffee, but in black tea it's surprisingly OK...to me, anyway.
    I also love it with frozen raspberries or any time cream would be used.
    Ok you've persuaded me lol. I go buy ingredients tomorrow.

Thanks all :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast