Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite sweet potato dish?? page

What is your favorite sweet potato dish??

Shop Now
    I have fallen in love with sweet potatoes. Maybe it is just because I have loved and lost regular potatoes. But none the less I have been having a great time frolicking in sweet potato land. Here is my latest concoction.
    Back From Hawaii……sort of The Cavewoman Cafe

What is your favorite way to prepare sweet potatoes?

soniayak is offline Member
    wow- that looks yummy! I don't eat very many sweet potatoes, but last night I had some and they were FABULOUS.

My favorite way to prepare them is to cut them into thin medallions and top with thinly sliced onions in a baking pan. Then drizzle the whole thing with olive oil and a sprinkle of kosher salt. Cover with foil and bake about 45 minutes. SOOOO good.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    I love them just roasted whole and topped with butter or coconut oil. Purple sweet potatoes are especially delicious with coconut oil (match made in heaven). I also like to mix in some dark chocolate and or almond butter if I have some on hand.

ohhhh, dark chocolate and almond butter?? I'll have to try that!

I love onions and sweet potatoes. What a great idea!

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    I cook the sweet potato, then mash it with butter. I may or may not add pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

MariaNYC is offline Senior Member
    My mouth is watering! I like to cut them into wedges, season and roast in the oven. Yum! My husband's favorite way is sweet potato chips/crisps -- thinly sliced on the mandolin, baked and tossed with sea salt and ACV.
    Everything in moderation, including moderation.

duckmama is offline Senior Member
    I like to chop in little chunks, drizzle with a little melted butter, toss with salt, pepper and a little cinnamon and roast until soft & yummy.

Another favorite - I have a cheapo mandolin slicer. I slice the sweet potato super thin, lay it on a greased baking sheet (or line with foil & greased), brush with a little melted butter and sprinkle salt & pepper. Roast until browned & a little cripsy. DH could tons of these "chips." They are yummy!

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    I had been just roasting them and eating with buttah, but lately I've been cubing a sweet potato and a yam, and cooking in coconut oil with white onions. YUMMY!

I'm also looking into making some sweet potato chips with my dehydrator this weekend so i can have them with guacamole for a snack.

And there's my old favorite, sweet potato fries, perfect with homemade ketchup and a nice healthy burger patty with avocado!

And sweet potato hash browns with eggs and bacon!
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    I never liked sweet potatoes until about 6 months ago. Now I can't get enough. My favorite way is cut into wedges, tossed with bacon drippings and garlic and roasted. Then serve with horseradish sauce, which is basically mayo, sour cream, horseradish a dash of salt and lemon juice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast