Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite sweet potato dish??

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by cavewoman cafe View Post
    ohhhh, dark chocolate and almond butter?? I'll have to try that!
    i do this too sometimes. i make a 'loaded' sweet potato with almonds, dark chocolate, and a bit of dried fruit if i have any on hand.

alternatively, fries baked in the oven and covered in a sprinkle of cayenne.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Sweet Potato boiled in coconut milk with lots of sri ranka "rooster" sauce

saute celery, onions, roasted poblano and/or red peppers, and parboiled diced sweet potato, serve with a side of crispy chorizo and poached eggs, top with hollandaise

it also goes great with most curries, just cube & boil/roast, and use in place of rice
    Last edited by Chaohinon; 03-03-2011 at 01:43 PM.
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

wow all the ideas sound great. . . i need to go buy some sweet potatoes. usually i just buy the organic sweet potato fries (i sound so boring compared to the rest of you!)

I just made a chicken sweet potato curry with coconut milk the other night. And one of my favorite power breakfasts is grated sweet potato sauteed with bacon and onions, then scramble in 2 eggs, especially good if you're heading out for a long hike or ski.
    The Paleo Periodical
    It's not a Diet. It's a lifestyle.

Your killing me! I must be hungry!

I simply like to pan fry somewhat thinly-sliced sweet potato medallions with with butter until they are crispy on the edges, but still nice and soft on the inside. A bit of salt and pepper and mmm... Especially if they are served as a side with salmon.

Does anybody have access to Okinawan Sweet Potatoes? I'd love to try them, they are supposed to be super nutritious:
    Last edited by Adrianag; 03-08-2011 at 01:43 AM.

@Adrianag: They have them at the Dekalb Farmer's Market. At least I think they are the Okinawan variety (I can't see the picture you posted). They have light colored skins and deep purple flesh. Be careful when selecting them though; some have soft spots and they don't seem to last as long as regular sweet potatoes (maybe they aren't cured). They are VERY good with virgin coconut oil (which Dekalb Farmer's Market also has great prices on - last time I checked).

Shop Now
    Those are beautifully poached eggs. What's your method? I parboil my eggs for 15 sec before cracking them into simmering water with vinegar and salt, cook for 3 minutes. Usually come out pretty much like yours, though I've got the occasional egg that just disintegrates in the water. Great presentation and yummy-sounding prep too, just might have it tonight.

I'm pretty plain-Jane with mine, steamed, boiled or roasted. The last one with coconut oil and salt, otherwise I take them plain. Might be simple, but I enjoy the taste of an unadorned sweet potato.