Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: help cant sleep on this diet so far! page

bighok is offline Member

help cant sleep on this diet so far!

Primal Fuel
    Ive only gotten one decent night sleep since starting my first week. I"ve been following primal eating 100% and i go to bed the pretty much the same time every night, tonight i tried zma to see if that would help but it did'nt. i have no other side effects and other wise feel great so its kinda wierd...i hate not sleeping!

mozzy10 is offline Senior Member
    Are you waking up feeling refreshed?

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    Are you taking a magnesium supplement? That definitely helped me. Also, make sure it's not just hunger pangs keeping you awake...are you eating enough later in the day?
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    +1 on the magneseum supps. I work nights and my sleep paterns get really messed up. I just started taking magneseum citrate and i does really help.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    are you exercising? it takes me 3-4 times as long to fall asleep and stay asleep when i'm not active for recovery or something.

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    I couldnt sleep the first few weeks either. The magnesium right before bed really helps. After a few weeks I was able to stop taking it.
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    I couldn't sleep the first week, either, and I am someone who has no problem sleeping. It's just a normal part of the change, I think.

Kaeden is offline Senior Member
    I definately don't sleep as "deep" and it takes a bit longer. I am not a clock watcher, so I am not sure how to quantify this. I do have blacked out windows. I have no light sources in my room.

I also wake up half way through the night now. I use the time to stretch, hit the rest room, and sip a little water. I then go back to bed.
    If your food is fast, maybe you should fast.

bighok is offline Member
    thanks for the replies and helping me out through this. to answer all the questions my energy has remained really good though the lack of sleep is starting to take its toll on inhibit my succeess i feel...i work out 5-6 days a week 3x heavy wieghts for 30 mins and the other days 65% heart rate for 45 mins or a nice walk outside....i did take a zinc mag, and b6 pill before bed(its called zma supposed to help you sleep) but actually had the worst sleep last night did not fall asleep till 4 am....i'm gonna go to the store and get some mag today and see how that works...o and its wierd last week i was starving i was ravenous i coud'nt eat enough food and now my appetite is nothing unrelated i guess but strange i guess

Monty is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Perhaps its a cortisol issue and you are doing too much. I've heard Robb Wolf describe a precursor to a cotisol issue is restless sleep...like not being able to shut your brain off at night. Maybe you need to work out less and focus on your sleep. Then reintroduce your workouts after that. Sleep is very important.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast