Thread: A fish recipe worth making mayo for: page

runnergal is offline Senior Member

A fish recipe worth making mayo for:

Primal Fuel
    1 lb fish fillet. I had cod tonight, would be good with just about any kind of fillet
    Sauce:
    1/3 c. mayo
    1/3 c. sour cream
    1/4 c. lemon juice
    2T melted butter
    salt
    pepper
    cayenne
    garlic powder
    onion powder
    dill

Preheat oven to 350F and place fish in an 8x8 dish. You could make more fish in a larger pan but to work the fish should fill the pan fairly solidly.

Mix sauce ingredients in a bowl. I wish I could tell you how much of everything I used. The seasonings were not in the original recipe. my guess is ~ 1/4t of salt, pepper and cayenne and 1/2 t of garlic, onion and dill. But I didnt measure, I just sprinkled what looked right.

Pour sauce over fish and bake until done.

The sauce was fantastic over veggies and would be great on potatoes or rice if you eat those. (dh loved it on his pasta).

I used cod that was still frozen solid and not as much of the flavor got into the fish as I would have liked. I was just forced to have some buttery creamy sauce with each bite. Darn.
    Last edited by runnergal; 03-01-2011 at 09:58 PM.
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Made this for dinner - but for tomorrow or Wed this week (cooking ahead). Looks great and was super easy. Hopefully, sitting in the fridge will make the fish pick up even more of the flavors!