Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Blueprint Journal - Bolter page

Bolter is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Journal - Bolter

Hello,

I have been doing research and leaning a lot about Primal. I have decided it is time to do a 30 Day Challenge.

Little History: I am 47 years old 6'3" and my current weight is 218 lbs. I was a Track and Field athlete in college and was very fit into my late 20's. Life took over and I got as high as 236 lbs. On january 17th my wife and I decided to try Atkins. I did ok on it for a few weeks and I think it helped me get off carbs. I lost 25 lbs on it. Around mid February I switched to a Primal way of eating.

I will take measurements tomorrow and will wait until the end to get on the scale. I have also so started to exercise with walking, biking and lifting. I will list my meals as well.

My work schedule is crazy right now. I normally work 6 am to 4:30 pm 4 days a week. But right now I am working nights, 9pm to 6am. I don't really eat much at night, just a few snacks of nuts and dried blueberries. I than sleep from 7am to about 2 pm, get up and do a 30 mim work out. I have been eating one meal a day right now. During the days I was skipping breakfast, eating salad at lunch and a good dinner.

I will also post recipes I use and the exercise I do.
    Don
    Las Vegas Nv
    Primal Desert

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! I hope the work schedule is temporary.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Ok here is how day 1 went:
    3-1-11
    Slept from 7am - 2 pm (working Nights right now)
    Got up and I always dring 8 fl water.

Work out
    warm up 5 min on treadmil
    sprints 6 ea for 15-20 secat 12mph at 3% incline
    easy walk for 5 min cool down
    Sit-ups 2 sets 25
    Planks 2 ea at 25 sec
    Bench squats 2 sets 25

Dinner at 5pm
    Curry Pork with mixed veggies, spinich, bacon, apple, pine nuts, mix peppers, onions, coconut milk, and cocnut flakes unsweeten.

Off to work 9m-6am

Took snack of mixed nuts ( almonds, pine nuts, cashues) appl and banana, water
    Don
    Las Vegas Nv
    Primal Desert

Well finished the first week of nights and it went well. Had a good week over all. Today was a good work out. I rode my bike down to the park where they have a chin up bar because I don't have one at home. When I got to the park i did 1 set of 6 sprints up a hill on grass. Than did 2 sets of 10 push ups on a bench. From there I went to pull ups. I did 3 sets at 6, 4, 3, unassisted. Followed by 2 sets of 15 squats. I use a rock and did shoulder press 2 sets of 15. After that I picked up a larger rock and squatted down and threw the rock up high, repeated 10 times. I than rode the bike back home. The total bike ride was a little over 5 miles. I feel great and the wife loves the new look. I have Lacrosse games this weekend with my son and will have fun just playing around.
    Don
    Las Vegas Nv
    Primal Desert

Today was busy at my son's Lacrosse games. He is in the Best of the West tournament. Did a lot of walking around as well read part of Mark's book. He had a long break between games so I took off for a good bike ride. I rode 21.32 miles in 1:55:21 at a average pace of 5:25/mile and average speed of 11.09 miles per hour. The one thing I did notice on my ride is that I feel stronger. I was able to climb hills in a higher gear and my legs did not burn as bad. I got some good sleep last night and woke up at 7:30 am. I knew that it was going to be a long day and that I would not be able to eat so i had a good breakfast before I left. Felt great all day and did not feel hungary until I got home. Made some great curry chicken and veggies, my some love it. I am sore from the workout on Friday and I think I will take it easy tomorrow.
    Don
    Las Vegas Nv
    Primal Desert

Well I went to bed last night around 12:00 am to try to get ready for nights again. I got up around 7 am with the wife blowing in my ear. The great thing about going Primal is not only do I want to look good naked my wife likes it as well.

Got up and fixed primal eggs for me and my son. He likes the meals I make now which is a good thing. We have some good ground sausage with peppers, onions, and pine nuts. All scrabbled together with bacon and avocado. The thing I have learned is that I don't need to eat until I can't eat any more. I eat until I don't feel hungry "satisfied" is the best way to put it. We ate at 8:15 am.

No work out today, it was a rest day. I worked on stuff around the house and I was moving around a lot. I felt great all day. I took a nice nap for a few hours in the afternoon so I can be ready for night work tonight.

Dinner was at 6:30 pm. I made Tilapia with a peanut flour crust and coconut cooked in coconut oil. Than I made Garlic Herb Brussels Sprouts, with green beans. It was great and my son loved it. Nice to see him enjoying the primal. Just need to get him to let go of the sweets. Snack tonight will be blueberries and strawberries.
    Don
    Las Vegas Nv
    Primal Desert

BecomeYourDream is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you are doing well! I am so glad I just have to worry about myself at this point and not a whole family haha. I struggle enough getting my boyfriend to eat primal! I think once we are living together in LA it will be easier and we can encourage each other. Great to see that your son likes it all though! I always wondered if I had gone primal while competing in lacrosse, what the results would have been. I used to eat soooo much bread and other crap, I wonder what the transition would have been like.

Anyway, keep up the good work and I will be followin' ya!
    MY "GET AWESOMELY FIT AND HEALTHY" JOURNAL!

"Become Your Dream" - De La Vega

"“The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.” - Muhammad Ali

Today is day 8 of my 30 days. I went to work last night at 9 pm and worked to 6am. I got home and to sleep at 7 am and slept good to 1:30 pm. I needed to go get a good work out in today. I took off the past two days was a little out of it. So I went to the park to get a in a bike ride and do my 5 movements. I did a warm up of 10 min on the bike. The park has a work out area with a bunch of different stations. I did 3 sets of pull ups 5, 3, 3, reps. Followed by 3 sets of 10 push up on a incline, 3 sets of 15 squats, 3 sets of 45 sec planks, 3 sets of 15 rock press each arm, 3 sets of 15 front rock raises each arm. After the weight work out I did 6 each sprints of 40 yards with a 10 yard run up. I completed the work out with a 15 min cool down ride.

I went to Whole Foods after work to get a few things for dinner. Tonight I made Coconut Chicken and veggies. I took a breast of chicken cut it into pieces, dusted it with coconut flour, dipped it in egg, rolled it in unsweeted coconut flakes. I than place it in a wok with hot coconut oil to fry it up. The veggies was bacon, swiss chard, spinach, snap peas, mushrooms, green onions, chopped peppers. I was wonderful.

Well back to work tonight at 9 pm again.
    Don
    Las Vegas Nv
    Primal Desert

March 9, Day #9

Work up at 1:30 pm

Slept for 5.5 hours. This is the last week of nights I hope. I was sore today from yesterdays work out. I think it is the squats that get me. I got in the spa for a bit and it helped. I took it easy today and did some work around the house. My eating habits have changed from the day to nights. I am only eating one time a day. I eat around 6 pm than work all night. When I get home I go to sleep. I usually get up at 1:30 pm but I don't eat until 6 pm. I am not hungry at all like I use to be. Before the primal diet I would eat just because I thought I had to eat 4-6 times a day to keep the metabolism going. Not any more. The other plus is that during the day (or night work) I would go to McDonald's, ot Jack in the Box all the time. I found I was spending close to $140-160 a month on that junk.

Tomorrow I plan on riding my bike if I am not sore. If I still feel sore I will go for a good walk. Not sure what my weight is, I will wait until the end of the 30 days.
    Don
    Las Vegas Nv
    Primal Desert

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well I have been a little busy the past few days. I went to Parker AZ and got some play time over the weekend. I got do do a full day of riding my Quad and did a little hiking. I also got to ride my bike a little. As far as food goes, I was able to keep primal camp out style. Well since then I have been working a lot with crazy hours. It has cause me not to get in a work out as I like. I will be off Friday to Sunday and I plan on doing some good hiking as well as biking and strength training. I will keep you posted.
    Don
    Las Vegas Nv
    Primal Desert

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast