Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Coffee page 3

John F Guest

Primal Fuel

Public service note...*

Moka pots and vac pots offer DRASTICALLY different results in the cup and do not work on the same principal.

Do not expect them to be interchangeable.

A MP will give you a bit of a murky deep cup that is a few shades past French Press and heading towards what most people think espresso might be. It isn't espresso but as a measuring stick MP is closer to espresso than a cup of drip coffee.

Vac pots offer something entirely different. The prep allows you to pull some of the most dazzling qualities from a bean and often gets you to the essence of the origin.

If the vac pot is a symphony the Moka Pot is a grunge band... something like that anyway.

shalon is offline Junior Member

Double shot americano with full fat cream made with Liquid Planet's (Missoula, MT) roasted organic sumatran beans. Shots pulled with a Saeco Magic de Luxe fully automatic machine. I love the de Luxe, fully adjustable settings for grind coarseness, length of shot, and amount of coffee grounds for each shot.

The particular machine that I have is no longer available. I think I got one of the last ones. Everyone keeps hold of theirs, I keep looking for a used one for a friend but no luck.

grandma is offline Member

@JohnF But I prefer grunge to symphony OK, thanks for the education.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

SK1
    SK1 is offline Member

Lately I've been into mellow breakfast blends. I just bought a fair trade one from Trader Joe's - we'll see how it is.

I am having trouble finding organic heavy cream - weird since I live in a big city. Anyone else have this issue, or do you just go with conventional? Right now I'm sticking to organic 1/2 and 1/2 but I really want to try the full fat!

gazb is offline Junior Member

I have it either black or with lots of double cream (incidentally I've never seen organic cream either!). Sometimes it ends up being a cup of cream with a shot of espresso... At work we've got an espresso machine that freshly grinds the beans, with some Fair Trade Organic beans. At home I usually use a cafetiere, or just have instant if I'm feeling lazy (I quite like the Douwe Egberts instant).

I've had Moka Pot coffee a few times. It's nice, I find it espresso-y but less intense and more smooth.

You are all inspiring me!!!!

Vick, I am TOTALLY stealing your Canadian coffee for important guests (AKA: any person who comes to my abode).

This morning, I am REALLY seeing new flavor combinations, even if some are slightly outside of the 'daily Primal' rules, but, I am thinking that I will have a cocktail party or get-together with 'exotic flavor combinations'.

Like, serving 'non-traditional' things and encouraging guests to get adventurous and bring BRAND NEW tastes and flavor combintations for everyone attending to try.

Canadian Coffee will be supplied by 'Mois' (me).

You are ALL officially invited! ;-)

John F Guest

On Grunge vs. symphony...

Yeah, I would not say one is "better" than the other only that they are different things.

My preference is music.

It's why I have at lest 4 ways to roast and at 8 ways to brew coffee available to me at all times.

Not problem in preferring Moka Pot over Vac I'm just a fanatic and stickler for the details when it comes to coffee.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Wow, I too can't find organic heavy cream anywhere, only half&half. Even the single "all-natural" brand I've come across has mono and diglycerides, polysorbate 80, and carrageenan and all that crap in it...

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

@SK1: Usually I do my coffee black, but sometimes will add some coconut milk. The BF is lactose-intolerant, and he LOVES CM.

mseibel is offline Junior Member

OK Vick - now I&#39;m going to have to buy some cherry whiskey. Damn you!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast