Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 4 weeks on primal and still have low carb flu? page 3

Wade is offline Junior Member
    thanks guys. I will try uping my carbs a little to see if it helps, if successful then I can slowly decrease the amount. I try it at 100 - 125 g of carbs or so and more on days that I lift weights if I still feel brutal. BTW Tarek, thanks for your input however i do lift presently 2-3 times a week and walk 2 hours/week but I will try a little more slow cardio to see if it helps as well. thanks again fellas

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I have been primal/paleo for 2 years and believe I have my first low carb flu. I am just trying to clean up my act a bit and have not been hungry. Been fighting migraines, fatigue and awful brain fog for the past week. Today I had a full blown migraine and it was cured by a spoonful of frosting ( butter, sugar, cocoa powder). I thought I had something like hormones off or a sinus infection but neither of those have ever been cured by a little frosting! I already take Mag every day so will add potassium next to see how I do tomorrow. Thanks for the tips in this thread. So great to be able to search here for lots of answers even after eating this way for so long!

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    I have been primal/paleo for 2 years and believe I have my first low carb flu. I am just trying to clean up my act a bit and have not been hungry. Been fighting migraines, fatigue and awful brain fog for the past week. Today I had a full blown migraine and it was cured by a spoonful of frosting ( butter, sugar, cocoa powder). I thought I had something like hormones off or a sinus infection but neither of those have ever been cured by a little frosting! I already take Mag every day so will add potassium next to see how I do tomorrow. Thanks for the tips in this thread. So great to be able to search here for lots of answers even after eating this way for so long!
    It was as simple as sugar suppressing stress hormones.

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Or a chronically high blood sugar coming down as was my case.

Don't be afraid of salt unless you have a current BP problem. It's a necessary nutrient and one we are especially good at craving our requirements of. DO eat whole salt, Himalayan or Celtic.

Broth and avacados are great (avacados are high in potassium). I like to take one, split in half and sprinkle cayenne pepper and salt on it. Yum! Miracle noodles or kelp noodles and broth with some added salt, garlic and a touch of black pepper-- almost like ramen noodles.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123