Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heavy cream in my coffee.... page

Shelli is offline Senior Member

Heavy cream in my coffee....

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am slowly working my way up through the deliciousness of full-fat dairy products. Just now for my after-lunch coffee I put a liberal blob of heavy cream in rather than the usual whole milk. Wow. Heavy cream elevates even the most humble coffee bean into something worthy of a high-priced coffee house. Gotta do this more often.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Have you ever tried coconut milk? That makes coffee yet another wonderful experience.

SloGo is offline Member
    Heavy cream is my new best friend! The bonus for me is that I do not feel the need to use any sweetener with it! Coffee or tea + heavy cream = major YUM!

AndreaReina is offline Senior Member
    It's not traditional (and my Italian side just screams for tradition), but a cappuccino with steamed cream is quite lovely. Though at a good coffee house (unfortunately rare according to my standards) can make a standard cap sing.

carlh is offline Senior Member
    At my grocery store I can either buy "ultra pasteurized heavy cream" or "pasteurized half and half"...do you think one particularly better or worse than the other? On topic, the intended use is a little splash in coffee.

I haven't tried coconut milk yet - unfortunately I've trained myself to shop from a list strictly so if I neglect to add it to the list, I never remember to check the aisle. When this is posted I'm going to march into the kitchen and write it on the list so I don't forget yet again.
    I've had years of sugar in tea and coffee and it's only been recently that my palate has healed enough to actually realise the fact that milk and cream are quite sweet in and of themselves so I don't really need added sugar.
    Hmm...steamed cream in espresso....there's a lot of good coffee places here in Australia so I'm sure I could track something like that down!

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    At my grocery store I can either buy "ultra pasteurized heavy cream" or "pasteurized half and half"...do you think one particularly better or worse than the other? On topic, the intended use is a little splash in coffee.
    I have read that you should try to stay away from the ultra pasteurized. I can only find non- ultra pasteurized heavy cream at some Whole Food sotres.

Carl, I can't answer as to which one is better from the primal sense...but ultra pastuerised whipping cream won't whip as well as regular pastuerised. That's my two cents. (I wrote two sense and somehow I like that better.) And this only matters if you want to use it as frosting.

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    Have you ever tried coconut milk? That makes coffee yet another wonderful experience.
    I'm going to ask for this the next time I go into Starbucks and see what kind of reaction I get.

Monty is offline Senior Member
    I like my coffee like my women...with a good tan. Heavy Cream is the best in coffee.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast