Thread: great reasons to love eggs.. Yahoo! article page

sandokan2112 is offline Member

great reasons to love eggs.. Yahoo! article

Primal Fuel
    Great Reasons To Love Eggs - Shine from Yahoo! Canada

Wow! maybe this should shut some people up.
    Here's a couple of good quotes from the article.

•According to a study by the Harvard School of Public Health, there is no significant link between egg consumption and heart disease, In fact, according to one study, regular consumption of eggs may help prevent blood clots, stroke, and heart attacks.

•New research shows that consumption of eggs does not have a negative impact on cholesterol. In fact, recent studies show that regular consumption of two eggs per day does not affect a person's lipid profile and may actually improve it.

ennasirk is offline Senior Member
    Hah! I just sent that to a coworker - I was giving him crap this morning about his 5-egg-white and turkey omelet.
    "Sometimes, you need to make sure the angel on your shoulder has a wingman." -Me

My primal log

Styrofoam Jones is offline Senior Member
    Oh god, these comments. I'm laughing my ass off.

"Everything is good for you coffee,cigarettes,vodka,beer or whatever and of course eggs too.Everything God gave us people just making all the time just a big stories.Nothing else. Enjoy life!"

Yup, cigarettes. Straight from the big man upstairs himself. I bet he's working his way through a pack of Newports as we speak.

And, of course, the token self-righteous vegan evangelist:

"The egg would be good if it was not ANIMAL PROTEIN which is why most of the human race is living with degenerate diseases and cancers. Funny how being vegan, my whole family is Never sick and we hardly cook any of our foods either. Wake up people, there are no cures but most disease can be prevented with proper nutrition. The common denominator for disease is all the animal protein people eat on a daily basis. Dead decaying flesh, hormone injected mucous causing milk and the processed cheese. Or enjoy diabetes, colon and intestinal cancers, heart disease, colds, flus, headaches, joint and muscle pains, MS, Altheimers and the list goes on. Eat fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, lentils, beans, whole grains and RAW to avoid all those above mentioned GUARANTEED. Or suffer daily on your meds like the rest of the world."

I also love how everybody's whining over all the flip-flopping (something's bad for you one day and good for you the next). If they took two seconds to do their own research instead of twiddling their thumbs and waiting for the next Yahoo! article to pop up and tell them what to eat they'd know better.
    Last edited by Styrofoam Jones; 03-01-2011 at 03:05 PM.

O_O
    O_O is offline Senior Member
    From the article "Remember that organic free-range eggs are always better. Conventional eggs contain hormones and antibiotics."

The reference to eggs and hormones is not applicable to Canada. Our chicken, eggs, pork and dairy are not allowed hormones whether organic or not.
    Last edited by O_O; 03-01-2011 at 04:08 PM.