Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Feeling like the Grinch that stole Halloween..... page 4

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Jeez, some of you guys DO sound like the Grinch that stole Halloween!

I've got some cute little treat bags, which will each have three Dove dark chocolates plus a really cool lenticular Halloween card. (You know, those images that change when you wiggle them from side to side, like the moon turns into a skull, a cat turns into a tombstone, etc.)

If the parents have any sense, they will NOT throw away the Dove chocolates...they'll swipe them for themselves!

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member

The amount of people that give out dark chocolate is pretty small I find. I've got a 9 and 8 year old. The amount of times that I've seen dark chocolate in their goodie bags I can probably count on one hand, unfortunately

I grok, therefore I am.

I know. Most people give out either crappy hard candies or Smarties.

My kids never even wanted to eat those; they knew that the chocolate was the good stuff! But they used to have lots of fun separating them into piles and counting them and looking at the pretty wrappers. Then they'd get tossed out a few weeks later.

One time when I was out with my kids, a woman offered either candy or a pomegranate! I talked them into taking the pomegranates, which we ate on the back porch the next day.

Kebekgirl Guest

My son is eight and my house has been pretty much candy-free, way before I became primal... If it's not in the house, I don't have to worry about it... Here's what hapens, at Halloween and all year round - my son sees cookies, or candy or whatever - he says he really wants it - I say ok, let's get it but you can't eat it until you have dinner, or do your homework, or go for a scooter ride or whatever I can come up with... So the goodies get in the house but he forgets about the consumption part! And most of the time, I get to throw away after a few days...

Absolutely the same about Halloween - he may eat 2 or 3 pieces of the 10 lbs + of sweet stuff he brings home, but that's ok, he had fun, he was with his friends, he had a few pieces and we move on from there...

I've never made a big deal about not eating bad stuff and I think he just can't really handle all the sweet stuff... I sure feel like I've won that battle!

Acmebike is offline Member

Our big Halloween party is a good time, our neighbor hood get BUSY and with nice weather (like today is lookin' to be) we top 300 kids easy. LOTS of insulin is gonna be burned today, I assure you none of it will be mine.

We have over a dozen or so relatives and take turns handing out the sugar-doom to the innocent children. Our Husky sits out front and greets them all for hours on end with out ever losing her enthusiasm.

And we'll be dining on Texas-style (no bean) chili and Sloppy Joes (no sugar, and no buns for me), with nuts/berries and heavy cream for a sweet treat. So our home can stay Primal-fueled, and I'm not gonna sweat handing out the death-candy to the kiddos, policing that is up to their parents. Bummer.

I'll be home handing out goodies tonight, so Rob and I just came back from a bike ride to check out the Halloween decor within a two-mile radius. I'm amazed how many people don't decorate until today. When I spend all that time decorating, I want to see it all month long, not just one day!

Generally speaking, I think the home-made stuff that depends on creativity looks much cooler than the store-bought stuff.

I ate my face of last night. Actually, I kind of planned to, no surprises. And while I do feel a little crappy this morning, I truly enjoyed my pizza, onion rings, ice cream, and whatever else I swallowed before I passed out.

Acmebike is offline Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I do hope that at least one family that stopped by our house last night has some sort of restriction on candy and sugar in their home. Just one.

With a kid on the way in April, I see that we are going to have a social battle at times to keep the junk outta junior's hands.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234