Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brussel Sprout recipes anyone? page

Mizz Hawaii is offline Senior Member

Brussel Sprout recipes anyone?

Shop Now
    Just bought some brussel sprouts for the 1st time and would love some recipes. Thanks!

SloGo is offline Member
    Just cut them in half, toss them with olive oil or fat of your choice, sprinkle with crumbled bacon and roast or broil till desired consistency. We like them broiled as that gets them nice and brownish on the outside and still crispy on the inside.

nax
    nax is offline Member
    I usually clean them (peel off a few outside leaves), cut in half, drizzle some olive oil and balsamic, S&P, and bake (375-400) for about 20-30 minutes depending on size and desired doneness.
    "You can demonstrate the purpose and limits of human digestion with a simple experiment: eat a steak with some whole corn kernels, and see what comes out the other end. It won’t be the steak."
    J. Stanton

Orchid is offline Senior Member
    Cut in half, pour some liquified bacon fat (or butter, if you prefer) over them and toss, and roast or cook up in the pan till browned.

You can also be nifty and cut up bacon or pancetta and roast them with those.

primaltreehgr is offline Senior Member
    i cut them in half, load them up with olive oil, a little salt and pepper. bake until crispy at 350 degrees.

AndreaReina is offline Senior Member
    Cook 4 strips of bacon over a medium flame, flipping often (medium flame is for a chewier texture I prefer, flipping often keeps them from curling too much). Remove bacon, chop, and reserve; leave the fat in the pan. Cut brussels sprouts in half and place cut-side-down in the pan (as many as will fit) and cook on medium-high to high until the cut side caramelizes. Toss with chopped bacon, serve, and eat!

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    I like Brussels sprouts any way I can get them, but this recipe will appeal to just about anyone. It is super delicious. For those who don't care to follow the link, it's an Alton Brown recipe. Basically, steam the sprouts until tender. Cook an onion and a Granny Smith apple till tender. Mix it all together with heavy cream, bacon, and blue cheese.

skline2 is offline Senior Member
    Trim off stems, cut in half and slice thinly crosswise. Do this for either of the following.

Melt butter in saute pan over medium heat. Add brussels sprouts and cook for 5-7 minutes or desired doneness. Add a Tbsp or 2 of lemon juice and 2 Tbsp of poppy seeds. Freaking fantastic!

Or

Add some toasted pecans and dried cranberries.

Another alterntiave is trim and cut them in half. Heat some sesame oil in a wok on high heat. Cook brussels sprouts for a few minutes and just before they are done add a little bit of maple syrup.

Mizz Hawaii is offline Senior Member
    My favorite thing about all your responses is that almost every recipe includes bacon!! LOVE IT! Thanks! I'm so glad I posted I didnt know you were supposed to cut them in half. Going to cook some now.

beachrat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaReina View Post
    Cook 4 strips of bacon over a medium flame, flipping often (medium flame is for a chewier texture I prefer, flipping often keeps them from curling too much). Remove bacon, chop, and reserve; leave the fat in the pan. Cut brussels sprouts in half and place cut-side-down in the pan (as many as will fit) and cook on medium-high to high until the cut side caramelizes. Toss with chopped bacon, serve, and eat!
    This is teh AWESOME, I concur. I may never try any other recipes because I *heart* this so much.

The hardest part is not eating all of the bacon while you are sauteeing the B-sprouts. So, make extra bacon!
    "If man made it, don't eat it." ..Jack LaLanne
    "It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are.
    If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." ..Richard Feynman

beachrat's primal journal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast