Thread: Question about carbs, sugar and the "carbohydrate curve" page

Tom Dunphy is offline Member

Cool Question about carbs, sugar and the "carbohydrate curve"

Hello All!

I am new to this and I have a (probably dumb) question about my diet.

I am looking to manage my daily carbohydrate intake via The Primal Blueprint Carbohydrate Curve. Ideally I would like to keep my daily carb intake to less than 50 grams as a means to kickstart my new lifestyle through ketosis.

My question is where sugar factors into the carbohydrate curve. For example, if I was to eat 1 cup of mixed berries, I'd be taking in approximately 21 grams of carbs and 9 grams of sugar.

Does this mean that if my goal is to eat only 50 grams of carbs per day that I should subtract 30 from that (21 carbs and 9 sugar)? How does sugar factor into my daily carb totals?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    21g is the total amount of carbs in those berries. so, just subtract 21 from the fifty

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Right, what primalrob said -- Atkins-type diets count "net carbs" which would be the 9 grams you mention above. PB counts total carbs.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."