Thread: Primal for a week now! (WITH A SLIGHT EXCEPTION) page

VTicerocks is offline Junior Member

Smile Primal for a week now! (WITH A SLIGHT EXCEPTION)

After spending months cutting down on grains and potatoes I finally took the plunge and dropped them entirely. Pretty much totally primal except for perhaps a bit too much 1% milk. Well, not totally in one big respect, and I wonder just how much this one big respect matters. Namely, all the meat fruit and vegetables are just regular grocery store produce. Were I to go chasing after the grass fed meats, organic vegetables and fruit and so on there would be no money left to buy food once I bought the gas to go buy the stuff! So I wonder if the PB still pretty much OK if you just go with the typical grocery store foods. Common sense seems to say yes, but what do all you experienced PB'ers think?
    Last edited by VTicerocks; 03-01-2011 at 10:22 AM.

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    absolutley. just dropping the grains and sugar is a huge step forward. the only thing i would recomend is with conventional meat to choose leaner cuts and then cook it in a healthy fat. you may also want to supplement with fish oil to bring you omega 3:6 ratio as close to 1:1 as you can. use things like coconut oil and (to the best of my knowledge) kerrygold butter is grass fed and available in most stores. if you have a freezer and can buy in bulk, grass fed beef is really not much more than conventional in my experience.

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    oh yeah...ditch the 1% milk and get organic whole milk if you must have milk. heavy cream and butter is the dairy left in my house.