Thread: <3 Mayness' Primal Journal <3 page

mayness is offline Senior Member

<3 Mayness' Primal Journal <3

Primal Fuel
    I realized today that I was journaling on other people's journals so I should probably have one of my own again.

I'm starting a new one because I don't like the titles of any of my old ones. I know, picky, right?

-------------------------------------------

Today is the beginning of my Whole30+bacon, AKA:

(Thank you, Batty!)

I weighed 146.0 this morning (some of that being bloating), and I will now stay off the scale until 3/31.

I will be eating as much meat, fruit, and vegetables as I want, limiting nuts/seeds but in a very relaxed way, and completely avoiding sugar, grains, beans, alcohol, and dairy. There will be no "primal pizza" or "paleo cookies" or other candy cigarettes. I will not even *think* about calories or carbs. My food scale will be lonely and bored, unless I need it for a recipe.

This will be my first time dairy-free, since I digest it quite well and never felt a need to give it up, but a lot of people say it helps with acne, so it's worth a try.

I ate a million pounds of junk food over the past 3 days, and I've got a wheat/carb hangover right now, which will probably seamlessly lead into a low-carb flu. I'm drinking coffee like crazy to help with the headache I've got right now.

I've also got some new fitness plans in the works, following an epiphany I had on Diana's journal, but I've gotta solidify some stuff before I post about it.
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Yesterday's food:

Breakfast: eggs and bacon
    Lunch: roast beef, kale, sauerkraut
    Dinner: rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, kombucha, grapefruit

And lots and lots of coffee.

I took a sip of my husband's soda without thinking about it.. but thanks to BACO30 I at least noticed and said "oops!" and will pay more attention next time.

I had such a bad headache last night that I didn't work out. I did go grocery shopping so I've got plenty of stuff to keep myself fed appropriately this month.

I stared at the scale this morning and had to consciously force myself to stay off of it. =P
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

3/2/11 eats:
    Breakfast: beef breakfast sausage and eggs. I made the sausage a few months ago and it was awful so I cooked it up and froze it.. trying to use it up now. Too spicy and too salty.
    Lunch: applesauce, rotisserie chicken leftovers mixed with kimchi
    Snack: pork rinds and salsa, a few frozen blueberries
    Dinner: chunk of roast beef, mayo (commercial - yeah, I cheated - haven't had time to make my own)

I haven't been getting as hungry... could be due to not eating dairy I guess. I've actually been eating MORE fruit than I had been, so I can't blame sugar and carbs for the hunger.

Feeling a tiny bit of carb withdrawal (occasional grogginess and I'm-about-to-get-a-headache-ness) but pretty good overall. My digestive system is LOVING this change, after a few days of wheat and other grains at the end of February.

Today I have to eat lunch with a job candidate. The institute I work in is hiring like 3 new faculty members this year so there are 3 separate job searches and that means people are constantly coming in to interview and give their seminars. They like to have them eat lunch with graduate students, so I've been to 3 of them already, and another today. So far, without fail, they've been serving wrap sandwiches, a salad with bacon and parmesan cheese and croutons, and cookies. I've been eating the filling from the wrap and some salad with dressing (avoiding croutons when I dish it up). This time I'm gonna have to leave behind the cheese from the wrap, avoid the cheese on the salad as best I can, and not use franken-oil-filled dressing (I can just throw the meat on the salad and top with mustard). Not ideal for BACO30, but not bad.

I can't post this on facebook for reasons that will be obvious but I feel the need to share...

Last night I sent facebook friend requests to three people who had de-friended (un-friended?) me in the past... all three have now accepted my request. I think I'm now 6 for 6 doing this. I love that apparently no one can remember why they got rid of me (I've got no idea, either). It'll be interesting to see how long they stick around. =]

Holy crap.

Weekend with friends was good. I ate a lot of restaurant food, but avoided all grains, beans, sugar, dairy. I'm sure I ate some nasty plant oils and maybe hidden soy. Whatever.

Work has been madness. So busy.

Missed a few days of exercise. I guess I haven't shared my plan here yet. Basically, there are things I'd like to do, and I'm going to work on being able to do them.
    I want to be able to do:
    100 push ups in a row
    I started the 100 push ups program again - I did 22 on my initial test, and I did my first day of the program two days ago, so tonight is Day 2.
    At least one pull-up
    I've been working on my grip strength (aka hanging from the bar, haha), and doing some negatives.
    A hand-stand
    I managed to get myself into a headstand for a few seconds while leaning against a wall, which is progress, because I was always too scared to do that before.
    A 5K run without walking breaks, in vibrams
    Yeah, it's still winter. This one will have to wait. I fall off of treadmills.

I ate half a grapefruit with breakfast and now it's not even noon and I'm starving. No more fruit in the morning, it just doesn't work for me.

Tonight I start my weekly 2-hour volunteer shift at the natural foods co-op. For working 2 hours a week I get a 17.5% discount on everything! Also maybe I'll make some new hippie friends. =]
    Last edited by mayness; 03-08-2011 at 08:59 AM.

Didn't get around to exercising last night thanks to working at the co-op. But it was fun! And I did lots of lifting and bending and squatting so at least it wasn't completely inactive. =] Turns out when we find damaged products we get to keep them! I found a can of coconut water and a bottle of orange-flavored unsweetened sparkling water that I got to keep, and my supervisor also gave me a can of salmon and a can of chicken tortilla soup (for my husband) that she found. Awesome!

I bought some frozen cherries last night... omg, bad decision, they're far too good. I've almost finished the entire bag already, which is about 3 cups. Yikes. I figured if I can keep frozen blueberries and peaches in the house, why not cherries? But no. No cherries.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Hey! Glad to see you back on MDA!

You working at GreenStar? I can't wait to get back to Ithaca in a couple weeks for the mob, and picking up some goodies at GreenStar and Wegmans. That's so awesome you get freebies!

Cherries are the devil. Dried cherries get me into trouble every time.