Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 30 Days Starts NOW! JLB's Journal to Healthy, Fit AND Happy! page

JLB
    JLB is offline Member

30 Days Starts NOW! JLB's Journal to Healthy, Fit AND Happy!

Shop Now
    Well... I have been motivated by so many other people on this forum and decided I am going to give this a shot. I respect everyone on here for being open with their choices-good, bad and indifferent. I am an all or nothing kind of person so when I fully commit, I'm safe. It's when I try to throw in that 20% or even less that I get thrown off and the mental/negative/monkey mind knocks me down to my knees. I love IF-ing and will do a 24hr at least once a week because I feel so much better.

I am 33/F, 6'1", 206lbs with a pretty decent amount of muscle, just have too much "cushy" over it all! I am a BIG saboteur in my life when it comes to weight/size. I have come to find that I this is the one place in my life that I have always complained about.... I never let myself reach a level of happy and content with my body. I want to "get there" so bad. MARCH 2011 I am going to do it with the support of the MDA Forum!

So.... Here is the honest truth---
    I went on a crazy binge after and IF through breakfast, just coffee. At about 1pm I had some chicken green chile and some walnuts. Went to the store for salmon and ended up buying cake, cookies, pot stickers and a rotisserie chicken! WTF!!! Ate all the crap, none of the salad from home and a chicken leg. I feel gross, trying not to barf even if I would feel better and am just anticipating the inflammation... UUUggghhhhh!

I am going to go to bed and wake with a new mindset although I know I will wake through the night thirsty and having "the sweats" from too much crap in my body. I vow to my self to not do this for 30 days, anyone reading this is my witness!

I can and will do this for me! Cheers!

JLB
    JLB is offline Member

March 1

Day 1 and I am hopeful! I slept like crap but managed to get up and get moving... sort of. The bloating is totally apparent but I know it goes away! "March Madness" is here! (In a healthy/fitness type of way.)

I had coffee with almond milk, read some emails, news then I took off for a moderate level hike at Dreamy Draw. Ended up being a little over 2.5 hours and I feel great! Had a liter of H2O before I left, 1L on the trail and am working on number 3 now. I had to remind myself that I can't get that dream body in a day, as well as the fact that my foot is finally healed and I can put some miles on it again.

B: coffee w almond milk

L: walnuts, big salad (spinach, avocado, ons, cucs, chicken, toms...) --after 230pm

SNK: chx, chunk of goat cheese

D: chx and almond butter

have to give up the almond butter... thought I could handle it but NOPE!
    Last edited by JLB; 03-02-2011 at 07:12 AM.

BecomeYourDream is offline Senior Member
    JLB- I have TOTALLY been there on the go to get healthy things at the grocery story and buy a bunch of crap. I once had like 5 candy bars, ice cream, brownies, all in one sitting haha. I slept horrible and woke up completely bloated.

I am now on day 17 of my challenge and I feel GREAT! I think you will find that you do too. Congrats on starting the journey!!
    MY "GET AWESOMELY FIT AND HEALTHY" JOURNAL!

"Become Your Dream" - De La Vega

"“The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.” - Muhammad Ali

JLB
    JLB is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BecomeYourDream View Post
    JLB- I have TOTALLY been there on the go to get healthy things at the grocery story and buy a bunch of crap. I once had like 5 candy bars, ice cream, brownies, all in one sitting haha. I slept horrible and woke up completely bloated.

I am now on day 17 of my challenge and I feel GREAT! I think you will find that you do too. Congrats on starting the journey!!
    Well... Day one was great although I did cave to almond butter. I have issues with the late night eating from boredom! I am so stoked you are day 17! Good job! I look forward to day 17! Cheers!

I'm not gonna lie. I cannot wait to get almond butter back in my life haha. Just going to not eat the whole jar every time I go for a bite this time around... I always eat when I am bored! Worst habit ever.

"“The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.” - Muhammad Ali

JLB
    JLB is offline Member
    Day 2

I made it through the day and the back office area at the salon! Someone had brought in all sorts of muffins and whatnot... I thought about for a minute, but I am feeling the initial hit of the "carb flu"... which then lead me to realize what bad idea it would be to give in. It was sort of a tough day... busy at the salon but sort of tired and bla... need to stretch from the hike yesterday too!

B: coffee w almond milk

SNK(s): random handfuls of pecans and almonds in between clients and a granny smith apple

D: lots of steamed broccoli, cauliflower and salmon ... few Tbs almond butter! (I suppose it could be worse... could have downed a big ass blueberry muffin and felt gnarly!)

JLB
    JLB is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BecomeYourDream View Post
    I'm not gonna lie. I cannot wait to get almond butter back in my life haha. Just going to not eat the whole jar every time I go for a bite this time around... I always eat when I am bored! Worst habit ever.
    Ya... I figure if I eat too much almond butter for the first couple days... I'll get by fine because it is better than going back to sugar. I have even stopped the stevia just because I don't want to crave "sweet"! Getting back in to the routine is hard. I had never experienced jet lag so last week was sort of off all together. This week I wonder if the "tired" from vacation has caught up with me, then add in the "carb flu" type of thing. Not complaining... had a great vacation and ate some amazing food... back to reality I go!!

BTW--- Eating from boredom is pretty bad but I used to smoke through my boredom. May 1st will be three years that I quit "the worst habit ever." When I think about it... I must have been really damn bored and trying to keep weight off. I smoked close to 3 packs a day on average! That was also when I was cardio crazy!!

Quote Originally Posted by JLB View Post
    BTW--- Eating from boredom is pretty bad but I used to smoke through my boredom. May 1st will be three years that I quit "the worst habit ever." When I think about it... I must have been really damn bored and trying to keep weight off. I smoked close to 3 packs a day on average! That was also when I was cardio crazy!!
    Now THAT is impressive. I have family members who smoke and it seems like one of the hardest things to quit so I am very impressed that you haven't smoked for that long. if you can do that, the sky is the limit!

Also, I have never had stevia but I am always reading about other people having it. How is it? I think you will lose the cravings the deeper you get into not having it all, just takes some time! keep it up!

JLB
    JLB is offline Member
    UUUGgghhh! So I took my measurements this morning. DREADED numbers! I try to stay away from the scale and just go by how my clothes feel and right now they are tight!!! Safety in stretchy skirts for the meantime. The number game always gets me because I am 6'1". The goal is to get back in to my size 10-12 clothes... I can't even say where I am at... to embarrassed. Before Xmas I was at an awesome happy weight and living the primal lifestyle. February kicked my ass! March... I am gonna get it back!!! Hopeful!!!
    I am going to try eating breakfast and IF-ing dinner and see if that works better for me. I like the IF-ing but I feel like at night it sparks a binge... I'll see how the day pans out!

I managed to stay away from all things un-primal but ate way too much. Busy and emotional day... WILL FACE THE GYM and get back to my routine this weekend. I think i'll feel better after I get over that first re-introduction to the gym. Also... made an appt to go the podiatrist because my foot is killing me. I need my "routine" back! I WANT my routine back. My god... I'm 33 and I am so structured! Oi!!!
    Last edited by JLB; 03-03-2011 at 09:06 PM.

JLB
    JLB is offline Member
    well... not structured enough FAIL! I caved... had ice cream. (sugar, dairy and ???)

Not feeling so great about it. Read a great post from BecomeYourDream and I thought I had it under control. Nope. Emo took over and I plowed into some ice cream. I mentioned on an earlier post that I am embarrassed to go back to the gym heavier. I am embarrassed to go to work at this point!!! A couple moths ago I was losing weight and feeling great, just on a good path. One month of travel and fabulous Paris/London foods, I can't get straight! I clearly need to IF tomorrow because I ate breakfast today thinking it would curb my binge and it was worse than just almond butter.

Ok! It is still the 3rd. I will hit it again tomorrow and hopefully get to the gym after work. NO! I WILL GET TO THE GYM AFTER WORK! Damnit! I have made it through this before. Have to get out of the "monkey mind!" I CAN I CAN I CAN!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast