Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For the Mamas... page

Mldami is offline Senior Member

For the Mamas...

Primal Fuel
    Does my almost-30lb 11 month old count as my LHT? fwiw, I am with him all day and he isn't walking quite yet...

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    lol, i don't know but i've wondered the same thing. caring for babies isn't a sprinting activity so much as it is endurance. i like to joke that i have natural weights- my 17lb baby, 35lb daughter and 50lb son.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i think it definitely can. i mean, i would often carry my nearly 40 lb toddler on my back for the long-slows, and so i think it counts.

now, he's walking on his own up to 5 kms, and so if we do a hike longer than that, we'll carry him for the end of it. so, for example, we're doing a 7 km this weekend, and it's likely that DH will carry him the last two kms (unless he wants to walk it), and then i'll carry him home.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    I used to do an awesome workout with my baby. It involved walking lunges, squats, bends. lol He would squeal and coo and giggle and I would get a pretty solid workout! Now I swing them around and stuff until we're all out of breath. I also do what I call mama grok sprints.

I take them out into a park or field and sit them in different areas. Then we pretend a lion is creeping up on them and I have to sprint to them, haul them over my shoulder and sprint to the other one and then back to safety! lol Super fun!
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    that sounds like fun lil_earthmomma! i wonder if my 7 yo would find this to be too embarrassing. sometimes i sprint around the house while carrying one on my back.

moo
    moo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_earthmomma View Post
    I used to do an awesome workout with my baby. It involved walking lunges, squats, bends. lol He would squeal and coo and giggle and I would get a pretty solid workout! Now I swing them around and stuff until we're all out of breath. I also do what I call mama grok sprints.

I take them out into a park or field and sit them in different areas. Then we pretend a lion is creeping up on them and I have to sprint to them, haul them over my shoulder and sprint to the other one and then back to safety! lol Super fun!
    How FUN!!! My kids would love that.

I have twin boys so taking them to the park when they were toddlers was definitely a workout. Sprinting after them in different directions. I consider lifting them and hauling them around at 6 years old to be "lifting heavy things".

Herbwifemama is offline Senior Member
    I <3 this thread.

It reminds me I want to get an Ergo so I can keep moving while wearing this chunky baby of mine. But I love the ideas for the older kids! I"m not a rough and tumble kind of person, and i think my 5yo would LOVE it if I did some of the stuff you guys are talking about!

Mldami is offline Senior Member
    I love my ergo!! I use it all the time! My boy LOVES when I do chest presses and bicep curls using him as my weight.then, I get my daughter up on my feet while I am on my back and get a pretty mean ab workout. We play "which way will you fall" and I move my legs side to side and front to back.
    I also babysit my brother's kids so virtually ALL my play comes in the form of skipping, hoppy ball bouncing, wrestling ( LOTS of wrestling!)

thepaleochild is offline Senior Member
    I wear DD in a BabyHawk and run. And I do planks and she climbs on me (yeah, the 30 lbs of an 11 month old TOTALLY count) but mostly I just swing her around, lift her repetitively in the air over me, etc.

My arms are crazy muscled - I've NEVER seen them this way. Even when I was hitting the gym.

Lmans77 is offline Member
    I like to do housework with my 20lb, 1 year old on my back in the Beco.

He is super attached, so I can kill 3 birds with one stone!...carry baby and keep him happy, get housework done, and get some exercise!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast