Thread: Best random ingredient meal? page

Leanne is offline Senior Member

Best random ingredient meal?

Shop Now
    I've been working a lot of overtime lately and haven't had a chance to get to the grocery store. I was trying to figure out what to eat with a pretty much empty fridge and came up with a lovely combination tonight:

2 pieces left over pork loin cut in half inch slices
    large bunch of green onions chopped
    one gala apple, chopped
    -more or less stir fried everything in a bit of bacon fat, drizzled with about a tbs of balsamic vinegar and a sprinkle of cumin.

So yummy!

My question to all of you is what random "let's throw this together just to use it up because there's nothing else" last minute meals have you stumbled across that turned out to be a favourite?
    The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease. - Thomas Edison

Vancouver Island Primal and Paleo Living <<< join our Facebook Group

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Egg fried in spag sauce with Italian sausage
    Mine generally end up being veggie + veggie+ olive oil or butter +bacon of leftover meat+ spices that sound good.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Dave_o is offline Senior Member
    Leftover torn up chicken mixed with surplus grated sweet potato and pan fried in ghee with chili flakes and garlic.
    7 minutes tops.