Thread: RE: skin page

jammies is offline Senior Member

RE: skin

Primal Fuel
    Before going primal, I was on oral steroids for an autoimmune disease. These cause weight gain - sometimes in odd place. I gained a lot of weight in my face, chin, and neck. I have now lost a lot of this weight and the skin on my neck and chin looks kind of loose and wrinkly. I am 37 - no spring chicken, but too young for a gobbler neck!

Any chance this will tighten up with time or more weight loss? Are their exercises? Or is plastic surgery the only fix for this type of thing?

Thanks for your advice!!!

Dave_o is offline Senior Member
    You could start here.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Coconut oil seems to be helping mine, but it is slow-going. It kinda burned/tingled a bit in the beginning. Lately I've been alternating hot and cold water in the shower because that is supposed to help skin tighten up. I'm taking hyaluronic acid orally and fish oil capsules. Makes my skin dewy, but I'm not sure about their ability to tighten. HazyJane mentioned something about a machine (?) that you run over the area that causes the skin to stimulate collagen production. I will be investigating that next. There is now noninvasive laser treatment that will fix it right up, but it is about $3000. Google Key Laser Institute in Portland to see before/after pix. No surgery at all! I have an appointment with them for next week to get the broken veins around my nose and some cherry angiomas removed via pulsed light. It's amazing what they can do now, noninvasively.

I had steroid injections into my back (which I greatly regret). I wonder if that is part of my problem with my chicken neck?
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

ProtoAlex is offline Senior Member
    Getting optimum omega-3 intake (non-plant based), high amounts of tocopherols and tocotrienols, and a good amount of carotenoids can do wonders for improving the quality of your skin.
    "You can demonstrate the purpose and limits of human digestion with a simple experiment: eat a steak with some whole corn kernels, and see what comes out the other end. It won’t be the steak."
    -J.Stanton

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks for the suggestions. I recently started using jojoba oil. I think I'll add coconut oil to the rotation and will look into the other suggestions.

I'd love to do the laser stuff TigerLily - but that is not in my budget for now! Maybe some day