Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lingering worry that CW is right? page

bobbitt81 is offline Senior Member

Lingering worry that CW is right?

Shop Now
    I've been doing this thing for a couple of months now. I've seen REALLY great results: both in my body and in my mental state.

I've been to the doctor since I started, and all my numbers are in the normal range. So, while I'm still overweight, I'm healthy.

However, I guess since CW is powerful cultural message, I wonder sometimes if it's not right.

Part of this anxiety comes from my family history: heart disease and heart attacks, and a dad who just had gallbladder surgery, is dealing with pancreatitis, and is constantly told that fat in his diet is responsible for his condition.

Sometimes, it scares me a little that I'm eating in a way that puts fat at the forefront of my diet. I wonder sometimes if maybe CW isn't right about fat—the messages are, after all, pervasive.

Anyone else still struggle/have anxiety with this? What do you tell yourself?

runnergal is offline Senior Member
    Well, as much as I hate to <mis>quote Dr. Phil...."How was CW working for you?"

Definition of insanity --doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

I will be the first to state I am not ready to claim PB is the ultimate truth, but CW sure as hell wasnt working for me.
    MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbitt81 View Post
    Part of this anxiety comes from my family history: heart disease and heart attacks, and a dad who just had gallbladder surgery, is dealing with pancreatitis, and is constantly told that fat in his diet is responsible for his condition.
    a lot of fat with the standard american diet can cause a lot of problems...along with all the other food. the doctors who refer to the fat in his diet are talking about combining fat with loads of potatoes, sugar, pasta, bread, etc.
    high fat + high carb is a recipe for some serious weight gain and all kinds of maladies.

the science behind the PB is pretty solid, and your success is further proof. sometimes it takes a while to give up something you've been holding onto for so long. take a leap of faith, or just hold on and your continued success will show how good this is.

bobbitt81 is offline Senior Member
    Fair enough. I was pretty miserable under CW—really intense crashes in the middle of the day, frequent headaches, turning into an absolute MONSTER if I didn't eat on a regular schedule. That's not my life now. My energy levels have stabilized and I can go much longer periods of time without eating.

There's just SO MUCH info out there. SO MANY studies that can be used to justify anything. It's hard to know what's the right stuff.

I guess what works for my body and makes me feel the best is the right stuff!

jspradley is offline Senior Member
    I feel your pain... I come from a family predisposed to heart problems and I still have that little bit nagging in my head every time I eat bacon... it's a hard thing to purge. It represents a lot of condition from the day we are old enough to understand what it means

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I thought I had no doubts as PB has made such massive improvements in my life. But I recently send some links and info to a friends father. He has a history of heart attack and has significant obesity. After I sent it to him, I started to worry about the "what ifs". It is one thing to do what I think is best for me, but I felt a little less confident about making non-CW recommendations to such a high risk person. I do believe it will save his life. Most of the time anyway

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    Go to your local Wal-Mart, especially if you live in the south, and walk around. That should dispel any lingering doubts that CW is right.
    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

katydid317 is offline Senior Member
    I find those weird doubts creeping in every now and then. But then I give my head a shake and remind myself how much better I've felt since I started eating paleo.

jspradley is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shat View Post
    Go to your local Wal-Mart, especially if you live in the south, and walk around. That should dispel any lingering doubts that CW is right.
    good point! haha

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    It is tough to shake. And the arguments are compelling, especially when the arguments are everywhere. However, as others have said, just look at what it is doing for you. I have the same sort of family history - both parents are Type II diabetics, Mom's on statins, Dad just had a stent put in - but the science is pointing that this is the right direction. I have no illusions about living forever, but I do believe that what I (all of us here really) am doing will allow me to be healthier, longer. I am still gonna die, and it probably won't be pretty (unless I fall off a really cool cliff or something).

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast