Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much fat is too much? And a "mood" question..... page

EvansMom is offline Senior Member

How much fat is too much? And a "mood" question.....

Primal Fuel
    Okay so I started tracking macronutrients after having a few weeks without losing weight and even a slight gain (after an awesome start with weight loss after going primal).

Using Fit Day, it seems that about 50-70% of my (calories? or diet?) are fat. I seem to be in the definately over 100 grams range but ususally under 200 grams of fat daily. My carbs are in the 50-87 grams range, protein in the 80-90 grams range. Need to loose 25 lbs to be considered "normal weight" again for my height (after the initial 12 lb loss). I am 5'8", 187 lbs, female.

Is 100-200 grams too much fat? I can't seem to find any mention of how much fat is too much on MDA.

Primal history (FYI): went primal about a month and a half ago. Lost 12 lbs in a month & half. Doing good on my exercise (barring snow here), getting in about 5 days a week (2 primal lifting, 2-3 play/cardio, and sprint when I can, weather permitting since I can't run on ice/snow). Have recently given up dairy too.

I am very committed to being primal and not going back, however I have found that my mood was certainly better in the first month than it is now. I was incredibly positive and happy during my first month going primal, and now am so-so again. Not unhappy particularly, but not over joyed like I was in my first month. I felt so incredible then, that I am wondering what I can do to get back there?

Any thoughts about fat intake and happiness???

THANKS!

Vozz is offline Senior Member
    your fat intake sounds fine to me. have you read up on intermittent fasting?
    it helped my blast through my plateau
    We need to have a global discussion about the epidemic of donut murder

Starting Weight: 238 lb
    Current Weight: 224 lb
    Goal: 190-200 lb
    Height: 6'-0"

Mizz Hawaii is offline Senior Member
    Are you sure your not just bummed that your not loosing weight? I say ignore the scale and find a pair of jeans to measure your weight loss with or I like to take pics than you really see the changes. I lost weight gained half of it back then lost it plus 2#'s but I gained weight cause of muscle I definitely didnt get bigger as I could tell by my clothes. Weight yourself about 1 time a month but dont stress on numbers.

In a reply to the weight loss: Nope. Since the slight gain I have lost another 4 lbs and am still losing now....so nothing to be bummed about there

Just not feeling as wonderful as I was in the beginning. I felt on top of the world then. And now, better than my pre-primal "normal" but not constantly wonderful anymore.

But am really wondering how much fat is too much to lose weight? I was kinda thinking that maybe my fat intake was too low, and thus putting a damper on my mood, but maybe not.....

IF is rather hard for me, tried it twice, got through a couple hours, then had to eat as I just couldn't take it anymore. I know that is not how its supposed to go, but......I was REALLY hungry and getting very cranky. So I pulled the plug. No need to get cranky I figured.

Vozz is offline Senior Member
    ya, didnt notice you signed up last month. you should wait a few months before ifing.
    We need to have a global discussion about the epidemic of donut murder

Starting Weight: 238 lb
    Current Weight: 224 lb
    Goal: 190-200 lb
    Height: 6'-0"

Mizz Hawaii is offline Senior Member
    I only if on accident. Sometimes I eat certain fatty meats and I just cant eat for a while. That happens like once a month tho. Are you drinking enough water? I sometimes feel not as upbeat if Im dehydrated.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Your fat is fine--I eat around 70%. Your carbs and/or calories may need to come down for fat loss.

Read this: The Blog of Michael R. Eades, M.D. Low-carb and calories

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i'm usually at 60% fat using fitday.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think you are just over-analyzing. This is not the key to world happiness and peace, it's just healthy food. Enjoy feeling better than before and easily losing weight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast