Thread: sacha-inchi (savi) seeds & seed oil - what do you think? page

spughy is offline Senior Member

sacha-inchi (savi) seeds & seed oil - what do you think?

Shop Now
    Plukenetia volubilis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I found these seeds in the health food store. Bought some, ate them - not bad, not great. Some tasted a tiny bit mouldy.

How likely do you think it is that much of the 7000mg of omega 3's in each 1-oz package survives in a usable form when put in a package and shipped to Canada? I think they may be roasted or something too - wouldn't that destroy omega 3's?

O_O
    O_O is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't eat them if they taste mouldy. I would expect the omega 3 would be reduced with roasting.

I saw them on Dr Oz. He said that the best snack for weight loss are Inca Peanuts (also called Sacha Inchi Nuts) that come from Peru in the Andes Mountains. Inca Peanuts are high in omega 3’s and vitamin e, both of which fight off heart disease – plus it has lots of fiber. Dr Oz said that Sacha Inchi Nuts have 3 times the omega 3’s of walnuts and twice the fiber of walnuts.

peril is offline Senior Member
    We don't use much of the vegetable sourced Omega-3. Body has to convert it to a more useful form and we're not efficient at it. For Omega-3 you need animal/fish sources.

Also cooking PUFAs is a really good way to oxidise them, which is not good.

Throw them out
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    Agree with O_O about not eating them if they taste moldy. I actually had a chat with our sales rep recently about sachi-inchi and he mentioned how the nuts can sometimes get moldy. Just take them back for a refund if you haven't eaten them all lol. The oil is apparently more bang for your buck and is much more shelf stable (naturally!) than other oil. We're talking a 2 year shelf life without preservatives or in a cooler.
    I'm not sure which one you got, but some do arrive here raw and other roasted. Pretty sure it would say on the package.
    Calm the f**k down.

spughy is offline Senior Member
    They sorta taste roasted.

It was only a 1 oz bag, I doubt a few mouldy ones are going to do me any real damage. They're pretty expensive and for something that really doesn't taste that great, I'll pass. Sardines are yummier.

karlo15 is offline Junior Member

Talking SACHA INCHI the best oil.

Hi, I'm from Peru and planted here and elaborate Inchi Sacha oil, in oil, snacks and capsules, the beauty of this product is to be 100% Natural, has no additives, this product can consume all the people and has a direct effect in reducing cholesterol, triglycerides, high blood pressure, diabetes, stress, constipation and many more.

Also counteracts predation of marine resources, remember that most products with Omega 3 oil from fish and seaweed.

If someone wants to import these products write me to karlo_akm@hotmail.com

Enjoying good health

karlo15 is offline Junior Member

Talking Sacha Inchi

In principle consuming thank Sacha inchi, I have knowledge that there are now a product of sacha inchi that enter Canada ... Product quality depends on the producer ... we have own plantations from which to obtain seed flasks with durability up to 1 year without the taste of the past.

For the month of August our products will be in the Canadian market and will be advised that presentations, where the rattle and be achieved, there will see the difference.

Remember that eating sacha inchi is nature's way of getting omega 3, 6 and 9