Thread: Anyone here doing just PBF? page

Darbbb is offline Member

Anyone here doing just PBF?

Primal Fuel
    I have read many of the threads here, and it seems like many people are doing PBF plus something else....like, they do extra cardio, or martial arts classes, etc. Is anyone here doing strictly PBF as outlined in the book and getting good results?

I have a follow-up question about the MS/R/P days....does anything you do on those days need to stay within the 55-75% max HR? In other words, if I play racquetball on those days, but my HR goes up to, say, 90% max, should I then not do that activity on those days?

I am in my last week of P90x, and about to undertake PBF (I think). Maybe the lack of structure is taking some getting used to, in my head, as I think about starting. Anyway, thanks for answering my questions.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    I've been doing PBF (with some slight adaptations) since I went Primal Nov 1st. Great progress! See my journal for what I do.

I don't worry about when I do what--if my body can handle it. I do 30 min LHT sometimes on the same day I do my (dance) sprints and I walk my dog for 45 min-1 hour (MS) everyday.

peril is offline Senior Member
    I do only PBF - Walk 6km every week day, level 4 LHT on two weekday mornings and sprint session on another weekday morning. Weekends generally a long paddle, maybe a walk with the dog.

Wouldn't worry about the racquetball. You can choose whether it is in addition to or a replacement for moving slowly
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i pretty much only do PBF...though i'll throw in a couple of other movements (or an extra cycle) just to help me reach some personal goals that i have. i'm also not sprinting right now because i'm in recovery from a surgery. but, PBF is working for me; i'm getting stronger, losing weight, and looking better than i was when i was weight lifting (that's mostly diet though).

racquetball is pretty intense...but it's fine to count that as your play (maybe your sprint too). moving slowly should keep you at a lower heartrate...i usually walk or spend some time on a bike, or fit in lots of moving slowly on weekend hikes.

regarding the lack of structure in the PBF, i think you'll find that it's probably structured enough to fit your needs. you just need to discipline yourself to hit the numbers, not rest too much, etc.
    it's a great program. simple and easy to add or subtract exercises/sets/etc.

Mizz Hawaii is offline Senior Member
    I would consider raquet ball playing.

gordo is offline Senior Member
    I went on vacation for six weeks and only did PBF to stay in shape. It worked fine as a maintenance routine.

Gordo

SWO Life is offline Member
    I did PBF for a few months and was happy with it. It was easy to motivate myself to do it, I could remember my stats from the previous workout so I didn't need a log book, and it helped with losing weight. I switched over to Starting Strength recently while maintaining the primal diet because I'm looking for something a litle more intense, so I'm going to see what kind of results I can get on this program.

skline2 is offline Senior Member
    I only do PBF. Every Sunday and Wednesday I LHT. Every Monday I sprint. The other days I walk an hour or so unless it is warm enough to play golf. I always walk when I play, which works out to an almost 5 mile walk carrying about 30 pounds or so. The LHT and sprint is always first thing in the morning. I feel like I'm getting good results but I'm moving much faster through the squats, planks and pull ups than I am the push ups and shoulder presses.