Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: melodious is back on track! page

melodious is offline Senior Member

Red face melodious is back on track!

I spent January and September of last year being really faithful to being Primal. I spent most of the rest of the time not (though I was gluten free all year).
    Well, starting today, I'm back on "strict" Primalism. No more baking gluten free cakes or cookies. No more sugar-drenched foods. The grains were not a problem, I've been off of those almost entirely since early last year. But sugar is a seductive substance, and I do love it.
    So, for the month of March (plus today, because I figured why wait to start tomorrow?), I'm 100%. No compromises. Yes, I have 2 family birthdays to work through. So what?
    I'm also experimenting with going dairy free. That's going to be freakishly hard. I love cream on my fruit, butter on my eggs and cheese on e v e r y t h i n g. I've put on 10 pounds since I moved back to Texas in October, and that's just no good. I'm still 10 pounds less than when I started last year, but I have beautiful new clothes I can't wear, and I won't stand for it!

So... wish me luck and smile with me as I rejoin the ranks.

bchordjam is offline Junior Member
    Good luck!!! Last year I had a family Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner (Homemade Pierogi, Cabbage Rolls, Tons of baked goods) to deal with and I thankfully held strong, but it definitely was tough, especially when my family was encouraging me to partake. You'll thank yourself for holding strong.
    http://www.primalgrub.com - Because you have to eat well to be well.
    Primal Since: Nov 1st, 2010
    Starting Weight: 200 lbs
    Current Weight: 161.5 lbs

Thank you for the luck-wishing bchordjam.
    Yesterday went well. I was much more like the person I was before I left Colorado to move back to Texas. I've gotten despondent lately, because of the move (I hate it here, no offense Texans, it's just not me.) and allowed myself to get overwhelmed, which always results in me being lazy: no cooking at night, laundry and dishes piling up, little active movement, and fewer grocery trips (because I eat out much more as a way to seek the happier me).
    But that's not me!
    So, yesterday I did laundry and got groceries and cooked up some carrot/parnsip stuff.
    I ate eggs with pesto and salmon for lunch (skipped breakfast), and had almond butter and primal fuel (chocolate) for dinner. I didn't sleep well: abdominal pains, though without any diarrhea.
    Tonight is my first challenge: a social quiz night at a bar (a friend's going-away party). I will be strong!

Well, my first challenge went ... okay. No alcohol, and most of my food was good, but I also had some queso and some fries with honey mustard. Not my goal.
    But that will be my only blip.
    I'm debating whether I should get rid of my scale this month. I don't want to... but it could be healthier for me. Sitting the fence.

I cooked a few days' worth of food last night. Fajitas, spaggetti squash, spaggetti sauce and bacon.
    That'll make everything a little easier. I used up 3 onions, the last of my pre-chopped garlic, 2 bell peppers, a pound of chicken sausage and some other stuff. I'm gonna need more coconut oil, soon.
    Yesterday, I was perfect (except that I wasn't actually hungry when I had dinner). Today, I will be, too. I'm planning what to take on my weekend out of town. If I try a 24 hour fast on Saturday, I will almost certainly cave and eat wedding cake. So, I'm going to take everything I'll need for 36 hours away from my kitchen. Here's my plan:
    Eat the last of my salad for lunch on Friday. Leave for Dallas with the fajitas ready for dinner on Friday night, while driving.
    Saturday: I'll have some nuts available for sudden hunger, as well as a primal fuel or two. For lunch, I'll have a serving of my spagetti squash and sauce ready in a tupperware in my cooler. Once I'm back on the road for the drive back down, I'll have almond butter with some veggies and I plan to have a crazy shake mixed up, too: coconut milk blended with cocoa powder and strawberries and blueberries. I know myself and that I won't be able to finish such a shake (a can of coconut milk is waaaaay too much for me to eat in one sitting), but crunching on the veggies with almond butter will make me want something to mix it up.
    That's my plan, and I'm sticking to it. NO FOOD at the wedding.

Prepared to go on my trip. (My shake, which I mixed last night, is fabulous. I totally wanted to drink it last night after dinner!)
    I had a tasty salad at Chili's last night, and asked for no cheese. I got a little chunk of blue cheese in there anyway, oh well.

I rocked out my trip.
    I ate my own food on Friday night, Saturday lunch and Sunday morning, and ate eggs and bacon at a diner on Saturday morning and picked at wedding food on Saturday night. No cake, no alcohol, despite peer pressure.
    I'm feelin' pretty good about myself, actually.
    Back at home, I ate a bacon burger last night (no bun, of course) with a couple ketchup packets.

Yesterday was good. I finished my fabulous fajitas and had some more bacon burger. Next up? Spaghetti squash and tomato sauce with chicken sausage.
    I'm thinking of using my new crock pot for the first time tomorrow to make a tasty curry. The spaghetti won't last but a few days, and it's best if I have something lined up already.
    I miss cheese. I'm a week without it, now. This next week will be a challenge, as we're celebrating my sister's birthday, going to the rodeo and celebrating my nephew's birthday all in one week. The cake will be the easy part to pass up. It's the "come on, it's just once per year" blandishments on other goodies that will be tempting.

jrherring is offline Senior Member
    welcome back!
    i'm in the same boat.
    PB 100 is what I've named mine.
    Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

start. stop. start.stop...now ramping up to cruising speed!

PrimalCon New York
    PB 100 - I like it.
    I ate my spaghetti squash and sauce and they are yummy, but need more meat.
    Today will be good: smoothie for breakfast (if I want b-fast), "spaghetti" for lunch, eggs and chicken for dinner. I need to buy more greens, and more bacon. And more almond butter. I've been snacking on it, and now it's all gone.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast