Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Had an 8 pounder page

galanga is offline Junior Member

Had an 8 pounder

Primal Fuel
    Had a five day visit with my sister and brother wherein we enjoyed a great deal of good wine and food. Despite all the tempations, I would guess I was still around 70% compliant on food (excluding the wine of course...).

I gained 8 pounds in five days! (I went from 207 to 215 pounds)

Essentially erased my positive results of the first month-and-a-half on primal, although after about 2 weeks back on primal, I am nearly back to where I was.

I thought I would share because I couldn't believe this was possible. And, was curious if this was telling me anything other than I am very efficient at stoking the fat stores when eating carbs.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    After 2 weeks you are back to where you were before the 5 day binge? Or back where you first started?

galanga is offline Junior Member
    Roughly back to prior to the binge. About 208 and the belly is back down most of the way.

Seemed like a freakish occurrence - it was shocking.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by galanga View Post
    I thought I would share because I couldn't believe this was possible. And, was curious if this was telling me anything other than I am very efficient at stoking the fat stores when eating carbs.
    probably most, if not all, of the weight you gained was water retention and stored food, which is a result of eating a lot of carbs. regardless, good job getting back on track.

plus, 8 pounds in five days sounds like a fun visit. giving in and having a good time with family is probably one of the most primal things you can do

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    it was most likely all water weight.
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by galanga View Post
    Roughly back to prior to the binge. About 208 and the belly is back down most of the way.

Seemed like a freakish occurrence - it was shocking.
    Well, you know 3 lbs. Was strictly water..the other 5 you can chalk up to debauchery. Now you know

primaltreehgr is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post

plus, 8 pounds in five days sounds like a fun visit. giving in and having a good time with family is probably one of the most primal things you can do
    nicely put. . .

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    I thought you were announcing the birth of your child, lol! (One of my clients just had an 8 pounder--I have babies on the brain.)

Mike333 is offline Junior Member
    @ Primal Rob- I like your style!

People forget that even Grok faced temptations of sorts- perhaps those hallucinogenic mushrooms had him bouncing around on week-long trips from time to time. Giving in to food temptations, provided it is infrequently, just shows you how far you've come. The few times I've given in to dominating the pastry trays, getting back into my primal foods has felt PHENOMENAL!

I don't know if I would feel that euphoria if I simply stayed true, 100% on track all the time. Sometimes the crazy, open-minded people have more fun in life And every time I hit the primal lifestyle after a weekend off, I am more Grok-like than ever!

ommmmaggie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    PrimalRob & Mike333 +1.

Stats as of 3/1/12:
    5'10" female, 38 y/o
    Currently 140 lbs., approx 25% body fat
    WEIGHT GOAL: lose a bit more body fat and tighten up the rear end...basically, I want to look great naked. Everywhere else is looking great, but my ass/hips/thighs are being a bit stubborn. TMI?
    DAILY MACRO TARGETS: Cal: 1,857. Protein: 100g (400cal). Carb: 75g (300cal). Fat: 128g (1156cal).
    EXERCISE GOAL: incorporate 2-3 strength training sessions and 1 sprint session per week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast