Page 1 of 696 1231151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: Gripe of the Day page

Digby is offline Senior Member

Gripe of the Day

Primal Fuel
    Everyone is allowed at least five mistakes a day and one gripe--or so a good counselor once told me. I'm rounding on three of my mistakes, but my gripe today is as follows. (It technically could also be classed a Whine).

Gripe: There too many blasted know-it-alls about diet and exercise. I was told last night at a gathering of friends how my paleo ways will kill me, and that vegan is the new hope for humankind. The fact that I did the pure vegan path for six months seems not to account as experience to these two people who just started.

What's yours?
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Bodhi is offline Senior Member
    I like your signature:

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots. Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism
    My gripe of the day: Too many idiots.
    ...how do you look, feel, and perform? -- Robb Wolf

My Blog.

And just consider the population explosion since he lived some 2200 years ago? I think we could safely amend Lao Tsu to say: Any given day you are surrounded by at least 100,000 idiots.

Same gripe as mine.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

carres1973 is offline Senior Member
    My gripe: Car manufacturers have stopped installing functional turn signals on cars. That is the only logical explanation I can think of for the complete lack of turn signal use I see on the roads day in and day out!

Carrie

I was wondering. I actually saw a turn signal yesterday and wondered if something was wrong with the car.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Trying to navigate through this ridiculous health insurance maze. Srsly, what would somebody who had cancer, a brain injury, or was older and a bit demented, or just plain not too smart to begin with and paperwork averse do? I've just spent FOUR hours this morning filling out claim forms... which my insurance company will go out of their way to find the smallest reason to deny. JUST REIMBURSE ME ALREADY! I'm exhausted, and my brain is like a marshmallow right now. Who can I marry in Canada and be rid of this joke of a U.S. for-profit insurance system?

/rant

thank you
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

TigerLily: You are too right. And in the wealthiest country in the world. It's a disgrace.

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    Trying to navigate through this ridiculous health insurance maze. Srsly, what would somebody who had cancer, a brain injury, or was older and a bit demented, or just plain not too smart to begin with and paperwork averse do? I've just spent FOUR hours this morning filling out claim forms... which my insurance company will go out of their way to find the smallest reason to deny. JUST REIMBURSE ME ALREADY! I'm exhausted, and my brain is like a marshmallow right now. Who can I marry in Canada and be rid of this joke of a U.S. for-profit insurance system?

/rant

thank you
    Ditto.

When it comes to any kind of insurance literature I fall firmly in the "just plain not too smart" camp. None of it makes a GD bit of sense to me.

On the rare occasions I have to use it, I just hand over the card and the co-pay $$. Pretty much anything I receive in the mail from my health insurance goes straight into the round file 'cause I know trying to read it is an exercise in futility.

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    The dishwasher is right under the worktop, just to the right of the sink. It won't take much effort to open it and put your dirty crap in it. Go on, give it a go. Or, don't complain when I wash my hands in the sink and splash mud in the mugs you dumped there.

Grr!

(addressed of course to folk I work with, not you guys )

NMG: you give me an idea. Why not post Gripe of the Day above places of particular problems such as your work sink. I have a couple in mind in my realm, like: What do people think doors are for?

Page 1 of 696 1231151101501 ... LastLast