Page 96 of 696 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196596 ... LastLast

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 96

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    If I'll be spending a night in a hotel, I call that part of being out of town. In ______ Wednesday through Friday means leave Wednesday, come back Friday to me, not leaveTuesday, come back Friday.
    Grrmph.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

inquisitiveone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthFriendly View Post
    Supervisor: On the Doctors they were saying you need carbs...

Me:Listen you watch the Doctors everyday, you follow their advice everyday, and how much weight have you lost?

Supervisor: But on the Doctors they were saying you need carbs...
    I have a friend who's like that, too. I just don't talk about dietary stuff with her any more.
    “Whether you think you can, or think you can’t — you’re right.” ~ Henry Ford

My primal journal

dado Guest
    Gripe: gripers.

primalprincess7 is offline Senior Member
    weight watchers logic. a can of soup is 1 point, a frozen meal is 3 points, 3 cups of watermelon is 0 points.My mom does this diet and she has been losing the same 20 pounds for 2 years and is on my ass that i should be on it too. She carries around books, pays money. I would die on this diet and my insulin and blood sugar levels wold not be good. It's fine that she does it but don't try to get me to follow suit in something that is flat out not working for you, while knowing my health issues. I ve stopped even trying to explain things to people! lol
    I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    A friend of mine is super smug because some guy he knows who "ate a pound of bacon a day" got cancer, and he told him not to eat a pound of bacon a day. (This pound of bacon eater did not reputedly eat Paleo, he just ate a pound of bacon a day and junk food.)

Sometimes I think that the VLC stuff is just an overreaction for emphasis to the "LOW CARB GONNA KILL YO GRANNY!!" CW folks. In the last like 3 weeks I've seen about half a dozen lowcarbsux hit pieces. *yawn*

Cassandra is offline Senior Member
    Finally sunshine, little wind and a 'smooth as glass' lake right outside my door! Now, I just wish I had the time to get in my kayak and paddle around on it. Next day off, it'll be stormy or blowing 50nt winds.
    I learned a valuable lesson with the first steer I sent to slaughter. I should have named him Hamburger and not Snookers.

CoyoteVick is offline Senior Member
    I called my gyno this morning to schedule an appointment to go over my ultrasound results. Then, just now, I got a phone call from my gyno's office asking me when I wanted to schedule my laparoscopy. WHAT!!! EXCUSE ME!!!!! She was all "oh, hasn't the doctor gone over this with you?" Uh. NO!!!! That's why my follow-up exam is scheduled for tomorrow!!!

>.< GAH!!!!

Now I get to sit here for 24 hours and know that my doctor wants me to have surgery, but have no clue WHY or what is WRONG!!!!!
    Last edited by CoyoteVick; 05-10-2011 at 12:54 PM. Reason: clarification

Bissen is offline Senior Member
    I spent half an F'ing hour helping some guy on the internet out with an English assignment - a text to be translated to English, and halfway through, some of the translations appear strange to me - then it hits me... he F'ing used Google Translate!

GAH! HOW can people make themselves have OTHERS spend their time, help them with their assignments, when they don't even spend time on it themselves?!?!?!?! I'm furious! It's disrespectful!

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    i have a headache. *sob*
    btw bissen. i stumbled across a video you posted somewhere of muscle-ups. you're my hero.

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalprincess7 View Post
    having an ex try to win you back and says to call him at 9, I call at 9 and the phone is busy, call a couple more times until 10 pm and his phone is still busy. um yeh nice way to try to win me back douchebag!!! If that ship hasn't sailed yet, it sure did today!
    He's taking you for a ride and you've got the crappy seats.. .NEXT ..
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)