Page 92 of 696 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192592 ... LastLast

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 92

Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    My cat just stepped on the incision from yesterday's surgery, waking me up from a deep sleep. *WHINE* I know she's just trying to be friendly, but...
    As someone who has had way too many incisions in that same place (one of which didn't heal right and needed to be redone twice), I winced when I read this. Healing vibes going your way.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    You give me girlie crushes on you when you talk like that..............
    Now, I'm utterly confused. Is it the danger aspect, the geeking out, or something else?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    oh jenny, OW!

my dear dear little tiny boy (who is not yet 1 year) pushed a small chair up to a larger chair and climbed both to climb on top of the kitchen table. when i came to check on him in the kitchen, i found him sitting on the table ripping the skin off of an avocado. there are several gripes here:
    avocados are expensive right now (that one was on sale for 1.50)
    he smeared avocado all over the table
    NOTHING IS SAFE ANYMORE!!
    my older son deleted the picture i snapped of the event

oh, and another gripe (i'm making up for lost time):
    "FML" as in "i just dropped my cell phone in a mud puddle, FML" or "i found a really cute shirt on sale but it was the wrong size, FML"
    AARRRGGGHHHH! get a sense of perspective!!!!
    Last edited by Saoirse; 05-05-2011 at 12:26 PM.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Now, I'm utterly confused. Is it the danger aspect, the geeking out, or something else?
    It's some combination of the badass swearing like a trucker, geeking out, and facing danger un-phased. I'm straight so I'm confused too.

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    oh jenny, OW!

my dear dear little tiny boy (who is not yet 1 year) pushed a small chair up to a larger chair and climbed both to climb on top of the kitchen table. when i came to check on him in the kitchen, i found him sitting on the table ripping the skin off of an avocado.
    NOTHING IS SAFE ANYMORE!!
    my 13mth old hasn't climbed up on the table yet, but the bookshelves - now instead of just clearing off the bottom shelf and moving on, he climbs up and works on the next couple of shelves.... I'm waiting to see what else he starts climbing...though I am thankful he's a *late* climber...dd was climbing up stuff at 8mths...

Digby is offline Senior Member
    GOTD: The forces of the universe are conspiring to make sure I never again get a good night's sleep. I had been asleep maybe fifteen minutes when the phone rang. It was 11:42PM! Now my beloved is in CA this week, so first thought was it was him, then through the brain-fog and rapid heart beating, I heard this other voice, asking for me, and of course my mind went to the worst case scenario in two seconds flat. Then He says, "I'm X, from National Business Advisors." I asked him if he realized what time it, he says, "Sorry about that, but ...." Then I lost it, and gave him no lack of certainty about what I thought of him, National Business Advisors, his origins, etc. I rarely use rough language, but come on, 11:42PM! Of course the adrenalin kept me awake for most of the night. What could they be telling their sales people: "Sure call at any time, day or night, our products are just that good." BTW: I don't have a small business that needs insurance.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

cavegirlsrock is offline Junior Member
    New to Primal and here's my gripe: Co-workers never tire of bringing in crap food. Today, it was store-bought chocolate brownies and chocolate macaroons "for our thinking caps" during a 2 hour meeting. This was with full knowledge that at some point this afternoon, store-bought cupcakes were going to be handed out for Cinco de Mayo. Am I going crazy? I also need to mention that fudge and salt water taffy were brought in on Tuesday by a member of my group (who also eats Milky Ways and drink chocolate milk for lunch). I've started to bring in veggies and dip and I put out nuts at the meeting today just to show people that there are other (preferable) options. But I just get sad seeing people gorge on so much sugar. You can't say anything. You just give your silent condolences to their bodies.

pattyd is offline Senior Member
    The fact that my dogs eat dog shit
    "Anxiety is a sign of spiritual insecurity"
    www.beachbodycoach.com/fatbusters

CoyoteVick is offline Senior Member
    People who are miserable at their jobs and who get angry at you for not having a job where you're miserable.

I get it. The world's not fair. Either suck it up, and change your life, or quit whining about it. But getting angry at me isn't going to change anything about your life.

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    Coming home to a house that stinks of rotten chicken from the garbage. He put a pizza box in, so he had to smell it. This got me fuming mad.

Oh yeah, tired of "managing" my mental state during a rough patch that is never ending. COME ON UNIVERSE, let the damn situation resolve itself so I can move on. 2 years is enough. I am bone tired and soul weary, and just want to sleep for days.

Deep sigh, I mean breath. I think a hot bath is in order. Calgon take me away!