Page 91 of 696 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191591 ... LastLast

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 91

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    My cat just stepped on the incision from yesterday's surgery, waking me up from a deep sleep. *WHINE* I know she's just trying to be friendly, but...
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    My cat just stepped on the incision from yesterday's surgery, waking me up from a deep sleep. *WHINE* I know she's just trying to be friendly, but...
    Yeah, those little cat feet can hurt even when they're not stepping on incisions.

PixieKitten is offline Senior Member
    Ouch on the cat stepping :/

Presents still aren't here... At 20 past 3 in the afternoon the day before his birthday...
    PANICKING NOW.
    Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PixieKitten View Post
    Ouch on the cat stepping :/

Presents still aren't here... At 20 past 3 in the afternoon the day before his birthday...
    PANICKING NOW.
    If he's like mine, honesty is all you need:
    "You're gifts are on the way, here's the tracking number, they were supposed to be here a couple days ago. Here's sex to make up for the lateness and more sex for your birthday."
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    GOTD: I have a friend who is seemingly very healthy, rides her bike A LOT, jogs, just looks great and she’s over 50. At the last bike race, she wasn’t participating. I noticed she was wearing some kind of cardio monitoring things. I asked about it, turns out she was having scary spikes in heart rate a few months ago. I couldn’t believe it, but then I remembered that she has a vicious sweet tooth and pretty much exercises her ass off so she can eat pastry, candy, chocolate, etc. I suggested that she DROP SUGAR immediately. She said yeah that’s a good idea and her cardiologist even had a copy of the Paleo Diet in the office, but she just loved bread and pasta and pastry and sugar too much to give it up.

I couldn’t really get on a soapbox too much b/c I was drinking a post-race beer (carb refeed?) at the time.

But I just couldn’t understand how she wouldn’t even give it a chance. And she’s 100% aware of how much giving up grains (non fermented kind) has helped me. Pasta and bread and sugar tastes so good she’s willing to die for it?

I just read Sugar Blues (kinda dated and a little hokey, but still interesting, in a SALT or COD or THE PRIZE type of way, if you’re aware of those books), so I’m virulently anti-sugar right now.

CoyoteVick is offline Senior Member
    GotD: I realize you are all doped up and wanting attention, O kitty of mine, but do you really have to walk across my keyboard and change settings that I have NO IDEA how to fix? Really? You could at least have the courtesy to tell me how you managed to do that....

20 minutes later, and I *think* I've got everything back to normal... but who knows?

Fog

THE FOG comes
    on little cat feet.

It sits looking
    over harbor and city
    on silent haunches
    and then moves on.

-Carl Sandburg

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteVick View Post
    GotD: I realize you are all doped up and wanting attention, O kitty of mine, but do you really have to walk across my keyboard and change settings that I have NO IDEA how to fix? Really? You could at least have the courtesy to tell me how you managed to do that....

20 minutes later, and I *think* I've got everything back to normal... but who knows?
    We used to have a 15 lb cat, who would lay on the keyboard when my husband was on his computer. My husband was his person and I was only paid attention to when there was no one else home.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    GotD: Get trained on something and then found out you weren't taught the right way to do it 2 weeks into the damn project. Now I have to do this differently but its a lot less of a headache on my part. Just hate unlearning shit.
    Georgette

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Fer fuck's sake. It's hard enough finding lace up steel toes in my size. Now I'm supposed to secure NFPArated flame retardent clothing by Friday. No pressure...
    You give me girlie crushes on you when you talk like that..............