Page 90 of 696 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190590 ... LastLast

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 90

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    50F (it was 61F when I got up at 4:45) and rain again. It's May for chrissakes!

On update the temp has dropped to 48 F.
    Our high is 56 today and we have a frost warning tonight. Yes it may be May but I think Mother Nature thinks its March. Oh and for the month of April, Ohio has had 3 more inches of rain than Seattle, WA. Think I need to move.
    Georgette

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Can't drive it, don't buy it. If I can't get my corolla in next to your ginormo oilfield truck that you damn near triple parked, congratulations, you failed driver's ed 101.
    I really hate those big-ass vehicles. I drive a Toyota ECHO and as much as I try to park away from the big ones, they are all around me when it's time to drive away. Now, I always back into parking spaces so I can pull away more safely.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    I really hate those big-ass vehicles. I drive a Toyota ECHO and as much as I try to park away from the big ones, they are all around me when it's time to drive away. Now, I always back into parking spaces so I can pull away more safely.
    I can't even back in because they are EVERYWHERE and I hafta be able to really see the truck sides and stripes to have a prayer of not hitting them. I've given up and started parking out in BFE where I can pull through, because the owners of oilfield are also almost always the lazy f*ckers parking as close as they can to the entrance, even if it's not a spot, legal spot, or they have all of 6" clearance to open the truck door.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I can't even back in because they are EVERYWHERE and I hafta be able to really see the truck sides and stripes to have a prayer of not hitting them. I've given up and started parking out in BFE where I can pull through, because the owners of oilfield are also almost always the lazy f*ckers parking as close as they can to the entrance, even if it's not a spot, legal spot, or they have all of 6" clearance to open the truck door.
    I have one of the convex mirrors on my driver's side mirror and it helps a lot when backing up, letting me see the parking lines.

simpstr is offline Senior Member
    Trying to drive home (1 hour +) and then run to Walmart to buy the incrediants to make a nice berry dessert for Mom, but knowing I have to seed my yard before it gets dark and hope I can make it to her house before she goes to sleep!? ugh.
    Health is Wealth!

PixieKitten is offline Senior Member
    It's my boyfriend's birthday in 2 days and his presents haven't arrived yet. Paniiiic level is slightly raised.. >.<
    Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    GotD - dinky little trailer, long wheelbase pick-up truck, reversing a narrow S shape...... I didn't hit anything solid, but a small shrub suffered slightly!

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    GotD: The lunch specials at the cafeteria at work. Every now and then they have something really good - but when you leave out the giant lump of starch, it is nowhere NEAR enough food. I just paid an extra 2 bucks to be hungry again by 2 PM.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Fer fuck's sake. It's hard enough finding lace up steel toes in my size. Now I'm supposed to secure NFPArated flame retardent clothing by Friday. No pressure...
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Fucking mosquitoes....with all the rain we've had they are biting already. I went for a walk in the woods when it was in the 80s on Tuesday and now I've got itchy bites. Gonna have to remember the bug repellant next time - I like All Terrain Herbal Armor.