Page 83 of 696 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183583 ... LastLast

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 83

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Well actually I lied, it's not exactly peanut butter, it's peanut butter flavoured frosting but that shouldn't matter right (OMG LOL!!)
    mmm Thats the best kind of fasting!!!
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

CoyoteVick is offline Senior Member
    Hi I'm Windows and I'm going to randomly turn your computer off cause that's what I do....

Hope you weren't doing anything important.

Also, I'm going to install updates after I restart your computer, so you won't be able to use it for fourty minutes.

Thanks for buying Windows!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteVick View Post
    Hi I'm Windows and I'm going to randomly turn your computer off cause that's what I do....

Hope you weren't doing anything important.

Also, I'm going to install updates after I restart your computer, so you won't be able to use it for fourty minutes.

Thanks for buying Windows!
    That's not windows. That's A) how it's set up and B ) a hardware issue. Unless you have some seriously FUBAR shit going on (Blue Screening, brick walls, etc), unprompted shutdowns are hardware. Check your fans. As to auto-update, you can turn that off, y'know.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

CoyoteVick is offline Senior Member
    It's actually my hubby's computer, (but it's the only one we have right now) and he gets twitchy if I mess with his settings, and I've asked him so many times to turn off the auto update feature, but he hasn't. And it always seems to pop up the "we're going to restart your computer" box right when I've gone to the bathroom or something, and I come back to the computer restarting and spend tons of time installing updates.

gggrrr.

Ahhh....
    I'm sorry. :C

My gripe:
    It's pronounced "NOO-cleer" or "noo-CLEE-ar", not "nukuler." It's pronounced "KRAHN- ik," not "crank" (WTF, there's not even an a in the word...) It's pronounced "PATH-o-jin," not "path-er- GIN."
    If you teach the class, be able to pronounce the words. It's that simple. Being raised in Odessa isn't an excuse, either, because you've seen the videos you show us WHERE THEY SAY IT RIGHT only 5 million times. SAY. IT. RIGHT.
    Especially "nuclear." People mispronouncing that word just sets my teeth on edge.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    That's not windows. That's A) how it's set up and B ) a hardware issue. Unless you have some seriously FUBAR shit going on (Blue Screening, brick walls, etc), unprompted shutdowns are hardware. Check your fans. As to auto-update, you can turn that off, y'know.
    In my case it's A. Sadly our IT department will not let us have control over that. So I have had instances where I've had a long term test running on something only to find out it quit in the middle of the night.

Cassandra is offline Senior Member
    Apology

A few days ago I was complaining about the weather and many threats from tornado. Well, one went within 100 yards of my place and demolished many trees. I was scared out of my mind. I now feel like a totally freaking weak person after seeing what has happened just south of me in Alabama. I can't believe how scared those people must have been having to go through that horror. My heart goes out to everyone in the southeast US.

I would like to take back my gripe of the day.
    I learned a valuable lesson with the first steer I sent to slaughter. I should have named him Hamburger and not Snookers.

Paleobird Guest
    So glad you are all right, Cassandra.

My only weather related GOTD is that I was out in the sun too long today and now I have a headache. Wah!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Ahhh....
    I'm sorry. :C

My gripe:
    It's pronounced "NOO-cleer" or "noo-CLEE-ar", not "nukuler." It's pronounced "KRAHN- ik," not "crank" (WTF, there's not even an a in the word...) It's pronounced "PATH-o-jin," not "path-er- GIN."

If you teach the class, be able to pronounce the words. It's that simple. Being raised in Odessa isn't an excuse, either, because you've seen the videos you show us WHERE THEY SAY IT RIGHT only 5 million times. SAY. IT. RIGHT.
    Especially "nuclear." People mispronouncing that word just sets my teeth on edge.
    We used to have a President who did that often. It was an embarrassing time to be an English teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    We used to have a President who did that often. It was an embarrassing time to be an English teacher.
    I'm aware. I despised his illiteracy all the more because he called Midland his "hometown," which in turn made Odessa look bad. Not all West Texans are illiterate rednecks...

Just most of 'em.
    My Primal Battle Tome