Page 82 of 696 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182582 ... LastLast

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 82

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    It amazing how many people in my office with Master's degrees use "alot" and I know better and all I have is a high school diploma and a clerical certificate. However, I had great English teachers, especially in junior high and high school AND I liked English.

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    Ouch and ouch - 57 is WAY too cold - we're at a tolerable 76 right now, but it's only just a matter of time before someone adjusts the thermostat down. Hope you're okay! Any employees jump in to help you. An acquaintance of mine did a crash and burn at a Bob Evans and got a free meal out of it.
    Nope, noone even saw me go down. Which is possibly a good thing. I was fine. I did go and tell them what happened so they could clean up the spill and stop someone else from taking a spill. I hurt for a couple of hours but then it passed. It was less harsh than a couple of months ago when the pupper tried to bolt (on leash) when she saw another dog and I went down in the gravel and got road rash on my knee and forearm!
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I've always been amused by the term "crime scene sex". XD
    LOL. Hubs and I comment quite often that god forbid something happens to one of us and they bring in that fancy spray stuff and the black light. :-O

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    GotD: People whose default assumption is always accusatory.
    Oy, and that seems to be even more people lately. Whatever happened to ASKING about something if you're confused or if you think something was done incorrectly? My old boss-from-hell used to literally stride into my office yelling about something before finding out what the real story was. And he never apologized. Once he found out he was wrong he'd just stop talking. And he never learned from it either.... douchebag.
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

CoyoteVick is offline Senior Member
    after a decade of coffee drinking, you'd think I'd learn that it's food first, then coffee. Seriously. Every damn time I do this I end up in pain. Apparently I don't learn well with pain. :/

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    You would be perfect for crossfit then
    Calm the f**k down.

CoyoteVick is offline Senior Member
    I'm trying my hardest to get into good enough shape to start doing crossfit. I'm doing modified crossfit stuff now, but without any weights because I think that's something that needs to be done with a professional there helping you with your form. I think if I can get myself to the point where I can complete an Angie, I'll be fit enough to join a crossfit gym. I'm nowhere near that goal yet. But I'll get there.

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    I'm often mistaken for a vegetarian. It just happened again today! This has been going on for about 10 yrs now. This really irritates me to no end. I can't figure out what it is that makes people think I'm a vegetarian. I guess they don't see the meat in my BAS.

Obviously they think it's a compliment: "oh you look healthy & trim so i just assumed you were a vegetarian". It irks me so much! Esp b/c i honestly believe that a vegetarian diet is probably one of the unhealthiest & unnatural ever.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Hi, I am new to fasting and want to try it out but I don't want any discomfort or strange feelings. Is it okay if eat a spoonful of peanut butter every half hour throughout the day?
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Yes, the peanut butter is a good plan provided it is vegan peanut butter and the spoon is metric.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Well actually I lied, it's not exactly peanut butter, it's peanut butter flavoured frosting but that shouldn't matter right (OMG LOL!!)
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!