Page 8 of 696 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108508 ... LastLast

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 8

carres1973 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaclam View Post
    C'mon. Show some compassion. If you don't have anything nice to post, don't post at all! Sorry for your tough times Kenn.
    If you had actually READ kenn's post, you would see that kenn brought it from another forum to show that our little gripes/funnies are not that important in the grand scheme of things. Geez!!

Carrie

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carres1973 View Post
    I am not questioning whether the young lady would have killed herself anyway. I am questioning the logic of keeping a loaded handgun within easy access to all in a home with a family that has such a long history of suicides! Why make it that much easier? I would personally have an aversion to handguns if that had been my family!

Carrie
    who said it was loaded or easily accessible?

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Westernism is a sickness that will infect the whole globe, wiping out indigenous cultures and traditions and replacing them with this shallow-minded monoculture of greed and glamour. As philosopher Alan Watts put it, the faster you can travel between two points, the more those two points start to resemble each other; in our case, the gradual Los-Angelization of the world. Then something very bad will happen that will wipe out millions or billions of people and collapse infrastructure, sealing populations off once again. We will then relearn to be part of nature and develop intersting, idiosyncratic cultures again. This will be followed by redevelopment of technology and infrastructure, enabling cultures to meet on a vast scale. Gradually one culture will come to dominate and the whole thing will happen again unless that culture is very mature indeed.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    the gradual Los-Angelization of the world.
    Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    who said it was loaded or easily accessible?
    Was it in a gun safe with a combination lock (that not everyone should know)? Granted, we don't know the whole story. Heck, we don't know if story is even true (this is the internet after all).

However, my whole point was that I, personally, would have had an aversion to handguns if that had been my family history. It is only my feelings on the issue. I realize the right to bear arms is just that - a right. This man has a right to have as many (legal) guns in his home as he wants. I have the right to think it may not have been the best choice given his families history. Both rights are what makes this country great!

Carrie

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Yikes.
    AGREED! Definitely don't want to resemble Los Angeles!!

Carrie

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    As philosopher Alan Watts put it...
    Waaaaaaaaait a second.

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Good grief!!!!
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    guys, this is a bitching thread. if you don't like to hear other people bitching about trivial shit, than please do not enter the bitching thread. thankyouverymuch.

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    guys, this is a bitching thread. if you don't like to hear other people bitching about trivial shit, than please do not enter the bitching thread. thankyouverymuch.
    +1,000,000

My gripe for the day is that yesterday my husband got a droid and I got a his strokey, POS cell phone in which the back cover falls off when I touch and I'm pretty much in roam all through the house when he isn't.
    Georgette

Page 8 of 696 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108508 ... LastLast