Page 79 of 696 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179579 ... LastLast

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 79

simpstr is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Minxxa View Post
    This is both annoying and has apparently become an epidemic. The last brunch I had I had three YES people and two Maybes. Not one showed up. Not one called. $80 worth of food and booze wasted. It was also the last girls' gettogether I've scheduled. I'm done. I will schedule one on one with the TWO people in my life who always show up. Everybody else is on their own...

That is sooooo messed up!
    Health is Wealth!

simpstr is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    I haven't had a birthday party in over 10 years because I fear that no one I invite will show up
    That happened to my son in his 7th birthday party! it was at the mall in some fun shop place and no one showed up at all~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was horrible.
    Health is Wealth!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    For all my birthday parties growing up, I'd invite the 1-3 friends I actually had at that point, a whole passel of cousins and relatives, and we'd go to either Spaghetti warehouse, a Mom and Pop Italian joint that doesn't exist anymore, Chunky Cheese, or go out in the backyard and have huge hunks of meat. we always had at least 3 people outside the immediate family show up, usually closer to 5-15.
    Now, I just tell folks "Meet me at this steakhouse" or "BYOB and we'll provide the grilled critter." I have more people show up now that I'm nowhere near any blood relatives than I ever did growing up.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Chasintrail is offline Senior Member
    People who lack critical thinking skills. Ex:

Random idiot: Cutting out an entire food group is unhealthy
    Me: Um, what about vegetarians? (Yes, this is called baiting and is illegal in some states)
    Random idiot: Oh, that's different, meat's bad for you.
    Me: OMG, sometimes it's just too easy...

Please for the love of god people, learn to think outside the media sound bite!

zsadie is offline Senior Member
    Oil companies claiming record profit for the quarter. WTF??? If oil was priced high enough per barrell for them to justify raising gas prices, why would they be getting record profits? I'm no expert on this, and there are probably more factors involved with how prices have risen, but still....no matter what extra costs to them might be incurred to justify raising gas prices it still doesn't excuse them getting such a profit from it!
    "Achievement begins with belief."

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson-

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread27309.html

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    And yet again... the office is at 57 degrees. :-/

It's 75 outside and we're all in here freezing and shivering.

On a lighter gripey note, people if you drop something slippery on tile PICK IT THE F*&K UP! I was in Whole Foods gettin' my salad for lunch and slipped on some pineapple some asshat dropped and left. Down on my ass, hit my shoulder and the back of my head on the salad bar counter. Sheesh...
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Cassandra is offline Senior Member
    I am SICK of all of these severe storms and tornado threats in the south!! Trees down everywhere. Roads flooded. Come on, already. I'm tired of hiding in the bathroom every few hours.
    Usually, I like the romantic side of thunderstorms, if ya know what I mean, but dang it all I WANT SOME SUNSHINE!!
    I learned a valuable lesson with the first steer I sent to slaughter. I should have named him Hamburger and not Snookers.

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    The verb "lose" (as in "to lose weight" (which is a separate gripe, as 99.9% of the time people really want to lose fat, not weight)).

It's L-O-S-E, people. "Loose" is something else entirely.

PixieKitten is offline Senior Member
    I'm horny and bleeding.
    My stomach is tying itself in knots and I'd feel too guilty after having a huge bar of chocolate to help it.
    I still can't get the red out of my hairand I don't want to cut it.
    AND. I got sunburn on my boobs while hiking.

-sigh- This is not my week.
    Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Cassandra is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PixieKitten View Post
    I'm horny and bleeding.
    My stomach is tying itself in knots and I'd feel too guilty after having a huge bar of chocolate to help it.
    I still can't get the red out of my hairand I don't want to cut it.
    AND. I got sunburn on my boobs while hiking.

-sigh- This is not my week.
    oh my. I thought facing tornado after tornado, hail and trees falling over was bad. You made me feel so guilty for my gripe! I feel your pain, sister.
    I learned a valuable lesson with the first steer I sent to slaughter. I should have named him Hamburger and not Snookers.