Page 75 of 696 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175575 ... LastLast

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 75

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I asked my husband via text and he said states with emissions standards they don't pass in and they're a PITA to work on you basically have to be specialized to work on them and that makes the cost of the car even higher.
    Georgette

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    I asked my husband via text and he said states with emissions standards they don't pass in and they're a PITA to work on you basically have to be specialized to work on them and that makes the cost of the car even higher.
    kaliforniastan
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: "weight" is a noun, not a verb!! You do not weight 150 pounds, you weigh 150 pounds!
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: "weight" is a noun, not a verb!! You do not weight 150 pounds, you weigh 150 pounds!
    it's both???
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    kaliforniastan
    LOL.

We're in Ohio and whenevever my husband sees an owner of a turbo-diesel come into the shop he's at, he tells them to go to Midwestern Auto Group for any and all service. One person started complaining about the charges at MAG and my husband said, "hey, you bought the car. You should be able to afford the service."
    Georgette

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    it's both???
    All right, so maybe it is!

It's still incorrect to say "I weight (however many) pounds." You can say, "I will weight the tarp down with these legless ducks."
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    The new VW TDIs don't stink--other than the engine sounding slightly different, you'd hardly even know it was a diesel. I have a TDI Golf Wagon and adore it. The VW diesels are usually quite reliable too. The upkeep isn't too bad here, and most of my VW-owning friends who've bought the new generation VW diesels (2009 or later model years) are pleased with how good they've been to date. Although repairs are going to cost more than an American car, parts are certainly much cheaper than most other European cars.

Yes, it was more money than some other options, but the pricing was about the same as a comparable hybrid, and I don't have to worry about the thousands of dollars it would cost to replace a hybrid's battery in a few years, plus the environmental impact of battery disposal. Also, holy crap, it's fun to drive compared to my friend's Civic hybrid. Torque is good
    AFAIK you don't replace the entire battery in a hybrid, just cells at least that's what we were told by a Toyota salesman. Another problem with hybrids is they just simply can't do some things. We had to help tow a Honda hybrid out of the sand last summer. They had parked off the road in a sandy area and couldn't get the car to move.

There has been talk of Mahindra offering small diesel pickups here but theyre having problems bringing them here. On edit, it looks like this isn't such a good option anyway, turns out their gas mileage sucks.

No. 2 son has a Jetta TDI and loves it.
    Last edited by Lynna; 04-22-2011 at 10:59 AM.

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    All right, so maybe it is!

It's still incorrect to say "I weight (however many) pounds." You can say, "I will weight the tarp down with these legless ducks."
    I fail english
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Why the fuck is the first paycheck always a fucking LIVE check?! I gave you my direct deposit info on the first day FOR A REASON.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

GoTD: People who work in another location, knowing fully well what types of blood glucometers we carry and transfer a sales call to you and you can't service the person as we don't carry what they are looking for. I actually want to drive down to Florida and beat this idiot.
    Georgette