Page 72 of 696 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172572 ... LastLast

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 72

simodalcais is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by simpstr View Post
    My gripe of the day is that is gonna be 80 degrees and I'm at work! would rather be outside in shorts running primally on a trail or on my bike sweating like a savage!!!!!!!!!!!
    I miss the hot weather .....no getting around barefoot and topless for me for a few months ..still just getting used to wearing clothes outside lol

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Why would that stop them from treating you?
    Most docs are scared to death of worker's comp/ car insurance claims. It's too easy to get burned by the legal system with anything other than straight medical insurance.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

simpstr is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by simodalcais View Post
    I miss the hot weather .....no getting around barefoot and topless for me for a few months ..still just getting used to wearing clothes outside lol
    Oh my! mental picture!
    Health is Wealth!

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by simpstr View Post
    My gripe of the day is that is gonna be 80 degrees and I'm at work! would rather be outside in shorts running primally on a trail or on my bike sweating like a savage!!!!!!!!!!!
    +100

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    My guess it has something to do with insurance .
    AHA! makes sense...

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    My Gripe is about Doctors ....last week I was rear ended in my car while traveling home from work and the left side of my body is all screwed up . All the doctors seem to be concerned about is whether or not I have a brain injury . I can hardly walk because my knee and ankle are shot , my wrist feels like it's about to fall apart , my shoulder and neck hurt like hell , but because a CT scan showed no brain damage they seem to think there is nothing wrong with me . WTF is up with that ?? If I was capable , the quack I saw today would have gotten a punch in the face ! He didn't listen to anything I was telling him until I lost my temper and started shouting . As well as that two doctors have refused to treat me because of the fact I was in a car accident .... This totally blows !!
    hey i know you're griping, but have you considered a chiropractor? i'd never see a doc for something like that unless i had broken bones or soft tissue damage.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    GotD: Somebody keeps writing "Jesus is Glory," "Pray More," and similar Christian messages on the central dry erase board at work. I wouldn't care if it were on somebody's personal door board or whatever, but somehow them putting it on the breakroom board to show off to everybody taking a break irks me. Almost like encountering random, unwelcome advertising. (And yes, I work at a secular organization. Very secular.)

simodalcais is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
    hey i know you're griping, but have you considered a chiropractor? i'd never see a doc for something like that unless i had broken bones or soft tissue damage.
    I see a chiro regularly , but I cant see him until after easter

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    GotD: Somebody keeps writing "Jesus is Glory," "Pray More," and similar Christian messages on the central dry erase board at work. I wouldn't care if it were on somebody's personal door board or whatever, but somehow them putting it on the breakroom board to show off to everybody taking a break irks me. Almost like encountering random, unwelcome advertising. (And yes, I work at a secular organization. Very secular.)
    I worked at a DOT office where they'd put stuff like that up on the In/ Out board. I didn't even bother taking it to HR. I wrote on the board: "Separation of church and state. Remove the below message immediately." They'd erase both messages, it'd die down for about a week, and then another one would pop up. Same thing. After 3 or 4 of my messages, they quit putting up the religious ones.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Nettle is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I worked at a DOT office where they'd put stuff like that up on the In/ Out board. I didn't even bother taking it to HR. I wrote on the board: "Separation of church and state. Remove the below message immediately." They'd erase both messages, it'd die down for about a week, and then another one would pop up. Same thing. After 3 or 4 of my messages, they quit putting up the religious ones.
    I worked in an office where someone would post things like that on the staff board. Not sure if they ever figured out who. Then oned day someone posted "Alu (?) Akbar!" underneath and very soon messages and quotes from numerous other religions started popping up as well. It got to be pretty funny. The original poster stopped posting soon after that started.