Page 692 of 696 FirstFirst ... 192592642682690691692693694 ... LastLast
Results 6,911 to 6,920 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 692

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexis47 View Post
    Low fat, pre-sliced, rubbery bagels.
    Do high-fat bagels exist? I'm not being sarcastic.

Alexis47 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Do high-fat bagels exist? I'm not being sarcastic.
    I have no clue, but these are certainly loudly advertised as being low fat.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwaggz View Post
    Just realized that because we are in an awesome neighborhood with lots of young families, we will probably hand out candy at Halloween...... I DON'T WANT TO HAND OUT CANDY, I want to hand out... The Primal Blueprint? Apples? Celery? BACON!? But we would probably not make too many friends that way.
    Go to the health food store. Look for the labels "Yummy Earth" and "Surf Sweets". Lollipops and gummy worms/bears/drops, respectively. Better by far, in taste, than anything outside the health food store - trust me on this. You will retain the goodwill of your underage neighbors by actually giving them candy, and get the coolness points of the parents by handing out clean-eating treats. Be prepared to pay, tho, or hand them out carefully.

It is what I trade my kids' Halloween candy for after the haul is in. Lest you think I am an ogre - my kids have food allergies and other assorted food issues, so we knock on doors to our hearts content and have a blast, and then just do a major trade.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    Some people spend way too much attention on their bowel movements....

That is all.

Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Some people spend way too much attention on their bowel movements....

That is all.

LOL! And yet, it just doesn't feel like a full week on MDA without a poop thread. I particularly like weekend poop threads. It's like, "I've been busy all week and just noticed my poop is paisley. Is this normal on primal?"
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    LOL! And yet, it just doesn't feel like a full week on MDA without a poop thread. I particularly like weekend poop threads. It's like, "I've been busy all week and just noticed my poop is paisley. Is this normal on primal?"
    "yes, you are now elite primal."

GOTD: Sick w/ a cold and sick for the third time in 2 weeks. I haven't been this sick in ages, so that's a plus at least. I've got a fulldose of the whines hanging out today, which is just proof of my pathetic state.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    I can't believe I am typing this gripe.

Please don't solicit your Facebook friends on how to wax your nose hair.

* brain bleach *

Love,
    Gay Panda

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    It's a small thing really, but dang. I go to place a 15 item order. Cart looks right according to my paper list. Verify address or edit. Go to edit because I've found that adding "at back of building" keeps Fedex drivers from just tossing my packages any old place. Click save. Message: Website down due to maintenance and/or unexpected technical difficulties.

Ack.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

blondiegreen is offline Senior Member
    I've just realized that posting on FB anything that challenges CW in nutrition/food is futile. My close friends now think I'm weird and just following fad diets. I should also Snopes every fact I read online bc, you know, everything (that goes against CW) is definitely fake.
    I hate FB, but it's the primary way to stay in touch with most of my family.

Oh, and I cooked a turkey today and it was half raw. So annoyed! I followed the written instructions for cooking, and it was thoroughly thawed. Why did it not cook? I didn't notice until after we ate the beast meat. Pulled it apart to get the bones and meat, and it was raw. Aaahhhh!
    Last edited by blondiegreen; 11-25-2013 at 10:22 PM.
    Needing some accountability, so here's my stats:
    34yrs old, 5'5"
    CW: 163lbs (07/2014)
    GW: 135lbs or less
    Eating mainly paleo, but including a bit of white rice (don't call the Paleo Police!)

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by blondiegreen View Post
    I've just realized that posting on FB anything that challenges CW in nutrition/food is futile. My close friends now think I'm weird and just following fad diets. I should also Snopes every fact I read online bc, you know, everything (that goes against CW) is definitely fake.
    I hate FB, but it's the primary way to stay in touch with most of my family.

Oh, and I cooked a turkey today and it was half raw. So annoyed! I followed the written instructions for cooking, and it was thoroughly thawed. Why did it not cook? I didn't notice until after we ate the beast meat. Pulled it apart to get the bones and meat, and it was raw. Aaahhhh!
    I posted on Facebook the other day that "Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light". I'm afraid that it seems like with 2 exceptions, nobody else got it. Just confirms my feelings about Facebook and social media in general.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/