Page 686 of 696 FirstFirst ... 186586636676684685686687688 ... LastLast
Results 6,851 to 6,860 of 6956

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 686

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    This always happens to me as we have a couple of acres and the batteries always need recharging. I just figure that I was bored of pushing the thing around and wanted a break anyway
    I plugged it in, waited an hour while I cooled down (whose damn fool idea was it to maintain a lawn in a place where 95* is a cool front?), and then finished up what I had left in 10 minutes.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    GOTD: Morning Glories. I wish someone official would declare this a "flower" and not a "weed". It grows too damn fast to be a flower, though.
    i really love these
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    GOTD: Morning Glories. I wish someone official would declare this a "flower" and not a "weed". It grows too damn fast to be a flower, though.

GOTD #2: Wasps. One stung me on the back of the hand THROUGH my canvas gardening glove. I wasn't near a nest, and it didn't even give me any warning.
    I thought a flower was anything pretty you wanted, and a weed was anything you didn't want?

So it's entirely subjective.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Morning glories are weeds, but I love them. They completely take over my parents' yard in September.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    I thought a flower was anything pretty you wanted, and a weed was anything you didn't want?

So it's entirely subjective.
    Unfortunately, the morning glories try to take over the flowerbed in my front yard. If I let them, they'd choke out all the pretty blue, pink, and yellow flowers that I really want to be there! I was out of town the first half of June, and when I got back they'd nearly covered a flowering bush I planted last year.

While the flowers on the morning glory vines are pretty enough, I'd like more variety in my flowerbed!

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Honestly, if it covers the ground and doesn't have burrs, thorns or stickers, it's pretty enough to stay in my yard.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    Bahahahahaha

Lockstock is offline Senior Member
    The realization that most people hate their lives. Working jobs they don't like, to buy things they don't need, to mold themselves into something that don't want to be.

I'm not depressed about this. But It's something I don't want to EVER be. I'm thinking on dropping out of my university course which I just started. I'm not passionate about it. I'm thinking ill get a job, that isn't too mind/life destroying. Work, then travel. A LOT. Find out my passions, then do it.

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    Being stuck in a car filled with people who are trying to make me eat Mcdonalds.

''How about an icecream?''
    'No, thanks''
    ''Okay, what about a coke?''
    ''No, I'm good thanks''
    ''Burger?''
    'No''
    ''Salad?''
    ''NO!!''

And then they get offended!
    Just can't win.

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    My GOTD: my computer won't start, 2 days before I can get my new one!! I can't play the Sims 3 while my daughter is with her dad! Grrrrr