Thread: Gripe of the Day page 685

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by HelenLouise View Post
    I think middle brothers are the worst.
    Oh, don't even get me started on them!

texas.grok is online now Senior Member
    GOTD:

My very, very CW DW had told me about some stuff that she had heard about called Skinny Fiber that she wants to try. She sent me a link to the site, all natural, blah, blah. "Amazing weight loss!", etc., etc. She asked me about it today, I have told her, many times, about PB/Paleo, given her the book to read (which she didn't), all that stuff.

It is what it is.

Today she asked me about it again and I told her to try it if she wished, that at least it appeared to be all natural. She said, "yea but it has all those weird sounding herbal things in it", said the woman who is taking multiple medications a day.

Sigh.....
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    ...methinks I'm grumpy today:

Watching the hordes of tourists last night, knock over my plants, trip and land on their faces, bring their dogs to the center of the fireworks universe (so that when the poor pups bolt out of fear, I and my neighbors get the pleasure of finding them the next day), and then shooting illegal fireworks that caught a local boating business on fire. All before 10pm. Yea. I love the drinking masses.

My neighbor and I have taken to standing on the street curb, loudly talking w/ lots of florid language to scare away the visitors. It worked on the 2 young women who'd taken up camp on the grass, snacking on their rice crispy treats in tupperware.

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    ...methinks I'm grumpy today:

Watching the hordes of tourists last night, knock over my plants, trip and land on their faces, bring their dogs to the center of the fireworks universe (so that when the poor pups bolt out of fear, I and my neighbors get the pleasure of finding them the next day), and then shooting illegal fireworks that caught a local boating business on fire. All before 10pm. Yea. I love the drinking masses.

My neighbor and I have taken to standing on the street curb, loudly talking w/ lots of florid language to scare away the visitors. It worked on the 2 young women who'd taken up camp on the grass, snacking on their rice crispy treats in tupperware.
    Talk about desperate measure's!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    My peanut-allergic sister-in-law, who keeps a nut-free household, was shocked to find that I keep a gluten-free household. In what way is it not exactly the same thing?

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    There is a good reason most roads have medians. I shouldn't I have to to veer off road, because some a-hole wants to come out of nowhere driving in the center of it.

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Apparently food poisoning now gives me hives 24 hours and counting of itching!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Stupid mower battery. I got through the jungle of the backyard, no problem. I get half way through mowing the front yard (really didn't need it, but it would in a few days) and THAT'S when it decided to die. It doesn't realize that I will win and the yard WILL be mowed completely by 2 hours from now.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Stupid mower battery. I got through the jungle of the backyard, no problem. I get half way through mowing the front yard (really didn't need it, but it would in a few days) and THAT'S when it decided to die. It doesn't realize that I will win and the yard WILL be mowed completely by 2 hours from now.
    This always happens to me as we have a couple of acres and the batteries always need recharging. I just figure that I was bored of pushing the thing around and wanted a break anyway

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    GOTD: Morning Glories. I wish someone official would declare this a "flower" and not a "weed". It grows too damn fast to be a flower, though.

GOTD #2: Wasps. One stung me on the back of the hand THROUGH my canvas gardening glove. I wasn't near a nest, and it didn't even give me any warning.