Page 684 of 696 FirstFirst ... 184584634674682683684685686694 ... LastLast
Results 6,831 to 6,840 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 684

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Why does the library system carry book one in a series and not book 2 and 3? DAMMIT! On top of that disappointment, I got hit by some gastrointestinal thing last night while attending an outdoor concert and threw up 3 times on the way to the car.
    Last edited by Lynna; 07-04-2013 at 06:17 AM.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    GOTD: My food is so good i don't know how to make a special meal.

I have decided that people eat poorly so that they can have special occasions.

I mean when what you eat for breakfast is better than what most people eat all year AND makes ANY resturaunt you could travel to in 4 hours taste like moldy bread... what can you do

PS i cut my hair so i cant even pull any out.

sigh
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post

I mean when what you eat for breakfast is better than what most people eat all year AND makes ANY resturaunt you could travel to in 4 hours taste like moldy bread... what can you do

sigh
    This is my gripe every time I am tricked to go out with one exception. There is this restaurant here called "The Fort" that serves wild caught everything and is awesome! Until the check comes...almost $400 for dinner and drinks, but it was so worth it. The other awesome thing about this dinner was that it is comparable to many of the meals I make at home and so puts my efforts on that level. I'm so proud! (Wonders off to consider going to the fort again, yes this is where we should watch fireworks from tonight)!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    GOTW: My middle sister has caused yet more drama.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Gripe of the day:

Greeting cards. At least the ones in the U.S.

I wanted to find a humorous birthday card for my Dad, but every "funny" one I could find involved personal body functions, pictures of very fat or very old people (and making fun of them), crude comments about sex, or all of the above.

What has happened to the people who used to write clever greeting cards? After 3 stores, I finally found one that had a moderately funny joke about golf.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I went out to dinner last night as part of a reunion group. Several of us have dietary restrictions, but I was the only one who was gluten free.

Everybody else filled up on bread and beer (the only gluten-free option on the beer menu was out of stock last night). I ate a pat of butter. It took about an hour for the appetizers to come. They decided to bring my salad with my dinner, because my brother-in-law had requested his with an appetizer plate he had ordered instead of an entree. When the food finally came, the portion I got was tiny, about 1/3 of a normal sized duck breast on a small patty of polenta, which I wouldn't have eaten except that I was so hungry. I ordered creme brulee for dessert, but I was still hungry. I ate a large can of fish and some sweet potatoes back at my room. For that much money there should have been more than 4 small slices of duck. All the other entrees were huge.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post

sigh
    Love this

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Brown noser. *chuckle*
    Must think of witty comeback.... My brain is letting me down. You win. I guess I'm just an ass-kisser.

Really? We've just started eating out, and here's some entrees we've eaten in restaurants that we don't get at home:
    1. anti-pasto platter - usually an entree for multiple people, this is easily big enough to be a main. includes smoked salmon, salami, various cheeses, sundried tomatoes, capers, olives, plus other specialities like chutney, pickled ginger

2. Ricotta and Wasabi cheese, topped with smoked salmon

3. All the awesome mains you COULD cook at home , but don't have to cook or do the dishes for: Angus steak, Salmon, Lamb Shanks, Lobster, Fillet
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    GOTW: My middle sister has caused yet more drama.
    Middle sisters are the worst!

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    I think middle brothers are the worst.