Page 682 of 696 FirstFirst ... 182582632672680681682683684692 ... LastLast
Results 6,811 to 6,820 of 6956

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 682

Greenbeast is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by joapple View Post
    gotd - I've been really good about my eating choices for the past four weeks, then today ate a whole 500ml tub of ice cream And it was very yummy, so I still have a full blown sugar addiction. On the other hand, I did check the ingredients for grains..*sigh*

don't beat yourself up over that, unless the ingredients were shocking.
    In a good dairy ice cream it's only the sugar that would be a problem. And you have your definition of addiction messed up. Just liking something is not an addiction. The body is designed to like and crave sugar, because it means energy and survival.

If you made this gorging a regular thing then it becomes a problem

joapple is offline Member
    Ahh, cheers Greenbeast! I can't claim that it was good ice cream, although the sugar rush was scarily akin to being a bit tipsy. I slept badly, and all today I've felt rubbish. But yes, it isn't something I do every day or week, so moving on. It was the way that I checked it for grains that really cracks me up - oh well, one message internalised, let's work on the avoiding sugar one now

edited because although claiming ice cream is not god is funny, good was what I was shooting for...
    Last edited by joapple; 07-02-2013 at 08:31 AM. Reason: eta *again* because I'm losing against my autocorrect...

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Turns out the helicopters I heard yesterday were not Cal fire, they were police overkill.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    The gum over my left canine has that irritated feeling that I associate with receding gums. Fucking what. This would have to be a seriously delayed response to some of the stuff I ate a few days ago because I've been eating fine recently. I'm going to oil-pull when I get home. Sigh.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    My GOTD which was sent from a friend due to a conversation on oils. She uses vegetable oil.

I just had a quick read up on coconut oil and it all sounds pretty good but then i just found that the University of Queensland has been doing new research into coconut oil and experts have said this
    ""There have also been bizarre claims that coconut oil lowers cholesterol, cures Alzheimer's disease and even prevents heart disease, however the research does not support this.

"In fact, coconut oil is full of unhealthy saturated fat which raises bad cholesterol levels, clogs the arteries and increases the risk of heart disease.

"With over 90 per cent saturated fat I would definitely be keeping coconut oil off the menu."

So is it good for you or not? We've always been told to keep away from saturated fats but things change all the time don't they?!

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    ^helenlouise - sigh. what do you do with that? I vote we make a NomNomPaleo similar tshirt that says NomNomSaturatedFats!

My gotd: Just found out the mechanic I was going to has been doing half ass work. Never flushed the brake lines. Didn't oil the bits that needed oiled. Thankfully the new mechanic seems like a gem. Only wish it wasn't 40 miles one way to get to him.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HelenLouise View Post
    My GOTD which was sent from a friend due to a conversation on oils. She uses vegetable oil.

I just had a quick read up on coconut oil and it all sounds pretty good but then i just found that the University of Queensland has been doing new research into coconut oil and experts have said this
    ""There have also been bizarre claims that coconut oil lowers cholesterol, cures Alzheimer's disease and even prevents heart disease, however the research does not support this.

"In fact, coconut oil is full of unhealthy saturated fat which raises bad cholesterol levels, clogs the arteries and increases the risk of heart disease.

"With over 90 per cent saturated fat I would definitely be keeping coconut oil off the menu."

So is it good for you or not? We've always been told to keep away from saturated fats but things change all the time don't they?!
    If we still believed in the saturated fat myth, there'd be no Paleo or Primal. Back to Primal 101 for you! (Kidding.) Really though, if you go to the start here button, there should be an article on fats that will clear things up. I tend to have a stack and push memory - I remember basics, like "saturated fats in food are good," but tend to not want to remember all the details why once I've been convinced.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    My endocrinologist took away my cheese.

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    If we still believed in the saturated fat myth, there'd be no Paleo or Primal. Back to Primal 101 for you! (Kidding.) Really though, if you go to the start here button, there should be an article on fats that will clear things up. I tend to have a stack and push memory - I remember basics, like "saturated fats in food are good," but tend to not want to remember all the details why once I've been convinced.
    I only wrote the first paragraph. My friend quoted and then wrote the rest, sorry for confusion.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    My endocrinologist took away my cheese.
    Oh hell! I'd be freaking out big time. All cheese? Surely s/he only meant processed cheese. Why blame cheese? Did s/he give you a reason? Cheese gets blamed for everything. If someone loses their keys, they always blame the cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by HelenLouise View Post
    I only wrote the first paragraph. My friend quoted and then wrote the rest, sorry for confusion.
    Confusion is a way of life for me.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite