Page 680 of 696 FirstFirst ... 180580630670678679680681682690 ... LastLast
Results 6,791 to 6,800 of 6956

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 680

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    If anyone has been paying attention to the news, the possibility of another revolution in Egypt is coming this weekend. Sunday is supposed to be the big day, we shall see.

I don't live in Cairo, I live out in the middle of nowhere pretty much. My provisions have mainly been meat, tuna, eggs, some veggies, some olive oil, water and those damn addicting tobacco stuffed olives (I swear, they are chemically related to Crack).

Went into Cairo yesterday, didn't plan on it but managed to score 8 kg of pork!

Went by Ragab Sons market to pickup some additional items. Placed was packed to the gills!

My gripe is that everyone else was stocking up with, literally big boxes of various chips, various vegetable oils, pastas, various soda-pops, etc.

They may survive the revolution but they won't survive their CW diet.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    If anyone has been paying attention to the news, the possibility of another revolution in Egypt is coming this weekend. Sunday is supposed to be the big day, we shall see.

I don't live in Cairo, I live out in the middle of nowhere pretty much. My provisions have mainly been meat, tuna, eggs, some veggies, some olive oil, water and those damn addicting tobacco stuffed olives (I swear, they are chemically related to Crack).

Went into Cairo yesterday, didn't plan on it but managed to score 8 kg of pork!

Went by Ragab Sons market to pickup some additional items. Placed was packed to the gills!

My gripe is that everyone else was stocking up with, literally big boxes of various chips, various vegetable oils, pastas, various soda-pops, etc.
    More pork for you!

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    stay safe texas.grok

To my longtime friend who I love but who has foot-in-mouth disease: When I suggested your adult children might be a good choice for helping you out during your post-surgery care, as I have already done it many times over and for many of your family but then you, ever lovingly replied, "no, they have busy lives".

????

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    stay safe texas.grok????
    Thanks SPK, no worries out here. Not enough people to have a riot in the middle of nowhere. I'm not in Bum#uck, Egypt but I can see it from here.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

spk
    I'm not in Bum#uck, Egypt but I can see it from here.
    why does that statement make me laugh so?

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    For several years now,we've rented a house at the beach and invited (local) family. My husband made the mistake of inviting his parents one year and now they assume that they're invited every year. We live in Delaware and they live in North Carolina. They are in their 80s and while we realize that they won't be around much longer, we really wish they would stay at home for this. There is a new catch. My FIL has balance issues and uses 2 canes to get around. Earlier this month, while they were vacationing in New Orleans (we've never presumed to invite ourselves to their vacations), my FIL fell and broke his orbital socket. He is also on Coumadin and is an alcoholic.family is concerned with them driving up and the fact that my FIL cannot get around well and my MIL states the following in an email:

Your dad doesn't have a lot of confidence right now & that's no surprise after an ordeal like he has been through. We are going out to the concerts that we have in July & he walks fine though slowly. So what is new about that? Well he just seems insecure though there really is no reason for him to be more insecure physically than he was before he fell except for the memory of falling.

I think the woman is in denial and an idiot.
    Last edited by Lynna; 06-30-2013 at 06:14 AM.

Sol blackcat is offline Senior Member
    Gripe. Who are these people who post catchy titles and have a long list of movies and such nonsense?

Why do they do it and why don't the mods ban them? They never get any responses apart from me biting like a shark

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    I have had the misfortune of being at restaurants with children completely out of control while their parents ignore them. Yesterday, however, the child was completely fine and it was GRAMMA who was being too loud.

RANDOM SOUND: WOOOO-WOOOO-WOOOO!!!
    Panda looks over.
    GRAMMA: WOOO-WOOO! I'M DOING IT! LOOK AT YOUR HAIR!
    Gramma is waving a finger around the head of a boy approximately ten years old.
    KID: stares at Gramma silently
    GRAMMA: WOOOOOO! I'M MAKING YOUR HAIR CURLY! WOOOOOOOOOO!
    GRAMMA: I DID IT!!! IT'S ALL CURLY! WOOOO! (bursts into loud laughter)
    KID: stares at Gramma silently, then looks in silent plea to mother

??????

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    I have had the misfortune of being at restaurants with children completely out of control while their parents ignore them. Yesterday, however, the child was completely fine and it was GRAMMA who was being too loud.

Panda looks over.

??????
    LOL. Panda, this is what we call, "taking Grandma out of the home for a few hours." Allowances should be made, but really, she wouldn't know a real restaurant from a McD's or Ruby Tuesday, so let's get her to go there next time.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

spk
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post

Panda looks over.

??????

So funny Panda. Were they serving alcohol? Did gran have too much sugar?