Page 68 of 696 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168568 ... LastLast

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 68

simpstr is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My gripe of the day is that this primal living has me horny as hell and I don't have a significant other! *SIGH*
    Health is Wealth!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by simpstr View Post
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have the worse time finding nice dress shirts that have big enough arms to fit me, and they are tight across the chest as well. Why can't women have athletic cut shirts like men?
    Because women are supposed to be "dainty" and "delicate", with nary a muscle to be seen on our soft bodies.
    I have the same issue: If I buy it to fit my shoulders or waist (depending on the line, in either case, I'm fitting the largest part of me), I have to take in the waist or shoulders (taking in the shoulders is such a hassle that I generally don't buy a shirt if I can't fit it there), the bust and sometimes the lower bodice. I've found ONE line of dress shirts and dress slacks that fit me without having to alter them (aside from hemming the slacks), so long as I don't get something with a button short sleeve: Express, occasionally, I get lucky with New York and Company. If I get anything with a button short sleeve, I have to go up a size again (so that two sizes larger than my chest and abs) to button around my upper arms without cutting off blood supply. I haven't found a designer yet that will fit a woman with biceps and triceps.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Because women are supposed to be "dainty" and "delicate", with nary a muscle to be seen on our soft bodies.
    I have the same issue: If I buy it to fit my shoulders or waist (depending on the line, in either case, I'm fitting the largest part of me), I have to take in the waist or shoulders (taking in the shoulders is such a hassle that I generally don't buy a shirt if I can't fit it there), the bust and sometimes the lower bodice. I've found ONE line of dress shirts and dress slacks that fit me without having to alter them (aside from hemming the slacks), so long as I don't get something with a button short sleeve: Express, occasionally, I get lucky with New York and Company. If I get anything with a button short sleeve, I have to go up a size again (so that two sizes larger than my chest and abs) to button around my upper arms without cutting off blood supply. I haven't found a designer yet that will fit a woman with biceps and triceps.

It's tough being strong! LOL.....wouldn't have it any other way!
    Health is Wealth!

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    I have issue with women's pants. Not all of us are curvy. If a pant description says slim, they shouldn't add curves for the hips.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    I have issue with women's pants. Not all of us are curvy. If a pant description says slim, they shouldn't add curves for the hips.
    I have the opposite problem: curvy isn't curvy enough. Pants designers seem to take the stance of waist, hips, ass, thighs: pick any two.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I have the opposite problem: curvy isn't curvy enough. Pants designers seem to take the stance of waist, hips, ass, thighs: pick any two.
    +1
    Health is Wealth!

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by simpstr View Post
    My gripe of the day is that this primal living has me horny as hell and I don't have a significant other! *SIGH*
    LOL I'm starting to get that feeling .. So I can relate modestly
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Digby is offline Senior Member
    GOTD: It has been so wet and windy the last couple months that an 80' tall tree in my front lawn started to list, and has to be removed tomorrow. I am very sad to lose this old beauty.
    Last edited by Digby; 04-19-2011 at 12:05 PM.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Quote Originally Posted by Digby View Post
    GOTD: It has been so wet and windy the last couple months that an 80" tall tree in my front lawn started to list, and has to be removed tomorrow. I am very sad to lose this old beauty.
    Send some of the wet here. Gods know Texas needs it.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yeah. Even when I'm at my thinnest, I don't have skinny thighs or a small butt--this woman is good at deadlifts and squats for a reason. I had a tough enough time when I was doing martial arts and running. Now that I'm lifting, I'm having a serious gaping problem at the waist. But anything that's cut bigger in the hip/butt area doesn't fit right because I need room for my squatter's booty, but I don't have big hips.

Thankfully summer is coming, so I can solve the problem with skirts for the next while. It's too damn cold here to want to wear skirts through much of the winter, though (even with thicker tights).

At least, I hope summer is coming. The way it's going around here, it seems like we won't have spring until sometime in July this year.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal