Page 678 of 696 FirstFirst ... 178578628668676677678679680688 ... LastLast
Results 6,771 to 6,780 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 678

smartuko is offline Senior Member
    My work schedule has me waking up at 8 PM. Its not natural.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Digby View Post
    Totally sympathize with this! The owner always says "S/he on't hurt you." I reply, "That's what the owner said of a dog that bit me; resulting in several stitches.!"
    Having read utility meters for almost 6 years, I can't tell you how many times I've heard this. And it's generally from the owners of biters.

And that brings me to MY gripe of the day:

After having been on a 21-day layoff notice for more than a year and a half now, I finally got laid off. Second job in a row where I've been a good employee and laid off due to bad timing. The first time was because the real estate bubble burst and more than half of the employees were eliminated. This time the company used stimulus money to install new technology that eliminated a crapload of jobs. It's going to start looking a little suspicious on job applications if I keep saying "laid off", job after job.

I am in the running for an even better job at the same company, but the odds aren't all that good. We'll see. I got a small severance, rolled over my 401k but cashed out my pension, so I could be unemployed until after Christmas and still be fine.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

tapper47 is offline Senior Member
    RitaRose, love your blog.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tapper47 View Post
    RitaRose, love your blog.
    Thanks!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Gotd: people who let their ego get in the way of accepting someone else's better design.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Karock is offline Member
    In google chrome, the top link bar acts as a search box.
    I typed in 'steak' and hit enter. And the stupid thing autoappended "& Shake" during my enter keypress. Thus, I was transported to a bunch of hurl inducing pictures of that 'food' rather than the big chunks of the former bovine deliciousness for which I was searching.

I needed these because I'm having a work project go smashingly well, so I told Karokette I was going to purchase a big steak, a remote controlled car, and some googly eyes, combine them in the logical fashion, and have her drive it around the backyard so I could hunt it with my bare hands, and needed a picture to illustrate what I was talking about. #primalroar

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karock View Post
    In google chrome, the top link bar acts as a search box.
    I typed in 'steak' and hit enter. And the stupid thing autoappended "& Shake" during my enter keypress. Thus, I was transported to a bunch of hurl inducing pictures of that 'food' rather than the big chunks of the former bovine deliciousness for which I was searching.

I needed these because I'm having a work project go smashingly well, so I told Karokette I was going to purchase a big steak, a remote controlled car, and some googly eyes, combine them in the logical fashion, and have her drive it around the backyard so I could hunt it with my bare hands, and needed a picture to illustrate what I was talking about. #primalroar
    That is LEGENDARY! I want Video proof....

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Dear Facebook Acquaintance:

Days ago, you got your book accepted for publication and COMPLAINED about it in a post, since it means you will have to edit. Now you are back on Facebook today, posting about the annoyance of spending your morning in edits and how you can't wait to get back to your real life.

I humbly offer to take this hardship of a publisher off your hands. We will let them publish one of my books instead, and I am happy to edit.

Love,
    Gay Panda

P.S. My gripe is that I am so jealous that I could spit.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    Dear Facebook Acquaintance:

Days ago, you got your book accepted for publication and COMPLAINED about it in a post, since it means you will have to edit. Now you are back on Facebook today, posting about the annoyance of spending your morning in edits and how you can't wait to get back to your real life.

I humbly offer to take this hardship of a publisher off your hands. We will let them publish one of my books instead, and I am happy to edit.

Love,
    Gay Panda

P.S. My gripe is that I am so jealous that I could spit.
    I suggest you buy your acquaintance a lovely congratulatory box of chocolates... and spit on each and every one before sending them.
    A booger or two as a hidden bonus might not hurt either.

“You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I suggest you buy your acquaintance a lovely congratulatory box of chocolates... and spit on each and every one before sending them.
    A booger or two as a hidden bonus might not hurt either.
    Seriously being considered . . . but she would complain that she is allergic to chocolate or is watching her weight or . . .

It shouldn't surprise me that she is whining about being published since this woman whines about EVERYTHING. The sun is shining? She got a sunburn. Is it raining? She stepped in a puddle. It's quite amazing since she posts about 6-10 times every day, and 90% of the content is pure whining about ridiculous things. She'll even call out her husband in front of her hundreds of Facebook friends about some private argument they are having. He is a gentleman, and never replies.