Page 672 of 696 FirstFirst ... 172572622662670671672673674682 ... LastLast
Results 6,711 to 6,720 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 672

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    That's just what they want you to think....

this is brilliant

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    Alcoholics and a lack of resources to help them.

smartuko is offline Senior Member
    I HATE the wind here in eastern New Mexico.

Paleobird Guest
    Stupid people and their twitchy pure bred dogs! A matched pair of Irish wolf hounds (with distinctive pink and purple dyed hair around their ears. One had a pink halo the other purple). That is a large dog X2. Pink and Purple tried to take my my dog's head off right on the sidewalk while their owner offered not one word resembling "I'm sorry."

My little guy is a shelter mutt but he is smart. He didn't try to fight, just ducked out of the way. Mutts rule.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Now now... don't go blaming a breed on the owner's poor training and socialization!

I have a nearly 100lb white GSD that is a big smoosh bunny.
    He is pure bred, but also a rescue from a pound.
    Everybody LOVES him because he is kind and gentle... because that is how he is expected to behave in public!
    No un-courteousness will be tolerated. It's part of training.

Of course... people who do not know him sometimes cross the street to avoid him too.
    And that's OK with me as well since I kind of appreciate that about him.
    In addition to the fact that he gets worked with the K-9's on commands.

I also have two other little fellas that are rescues... a Schnauzer and a terrier mutt.
    They have the same expectations. They are to behave courteously in public... though they do get away with jumping up on a thigh for a treat/pet now and then because they weigh 25 and 35 lbs not near 100.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Stuffing myself at a buffet. But now my tongue is too sensitive for some "treats". I ate loads of chicken, lamb and salad, but there were things that were either far too sweet or far too salty for me. Fruit (besides melon and pineapple) was conspicuously absent. Just had melon, as pineapple burns the skin off my mouth.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    with distinctive pink and purple dyed hair around their ears. One had a pink halo the other purple). That is a large dog X2. Pink and Purple
    its no wonder they aren't happy. I can just visualise that type of owner
    I have a pure-bred pure black GSD (rescued from a crap breeder as a 4 month pup) she's as stable as a rock now and my previous GSD was white and she was 100% heart and love in a furry jacket.
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post
    as pineapple burns the skin off my mouth.
    I love pineapple and have frequently eaten myself into mouth ulcers as i just cant leave it alone. I haven't dared buy any since I became diabetic
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Missed my lunchtime workout because I'm the only full-time worker in the office today and the UPS delivery was late - part-timers started refusing to sign for the shipments after something went missing and their supervisor catered to them so a full-timer has to be around to sign. Where are the others - one is on vacation, one is somewhere else attending a meeting, one is out sick AND the part-timer who is in a union position is also out sick.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Now now... don't go blaming a breed on the owner's poor training and socialization!
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbDodger View Post
    its no wonder they aren't happy. I can just visualise that type of owner
    I have a pure-bred pure black GSD (rescued from a crap breeder as a 4 month pup) she's as stable as a rock now and my previous GSD was white and she was 100% heart and love in a furry jacket.
    Yes, I think someone should dye his hair pink and purple and walk him around town on a leash. I volunteer! But, one never knows. He might like it. Ewwww.

And yes, dogs that are rescue shelter finds have a whole different attitude about life. Mine is from a rescue shelter in Mexico. He knows he has a good thing going and he is very careful to be the perfect dog. He doesn't have to be told "no" twice.