Page 67 of 696 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167567 ... LastLast

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 67

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteVick View Post
    people who are flakes. Seriously woman, I wasted my whole day waiting on you, and now you're going to want to hang out super late, and I'm not going to do it. I have hiking in the morning, and I don't like your boyfriend. If you don't show up in the next half hour, it's game over. I'm not wasting my whole evening waiting on you too.

gah! If you say you're going to be here at 3, you freaking show up at three! you don't text me at 3:15 saying you have to push it back a few hours. So not cool!
    That drives me nuts. I know sometimes things come up and people are going to be late, but you should call as soon as you know, not wait until you're already late. I have a couple friends who are just chronically late, though. They just don't seem to estimate their time well.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Women who dumb themselves down because they think it'll attract a guy. Honey, if he doesn't like you smart, he isn't a real man and isn't someone you'd want to be with longterm. Dumbing yourself down is just, well, dumb.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pink Grokoddess is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Women who dumb themselves down because they think it'll attract a guy. Honey, if he doesn't like you smart, he isn't a real man and isn't someone you'd want to be with longterm. Dumbing yourself down is just, well, dumb.
    I agree :-D
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyEater View Post
    you should call as soon as you know, not wait until you're already late
    Uggh, so true. One of my buddies just got stood up by her friend for an event she couldn't go to alone. Her friend called (already late) and said "Yeah I can't go, I have a class today instead." WTF? A class? Just magically appeared out of nowhere and it didn't occur to you to mention it till now?
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Nettle is offline Senior Member
    Another animal related gripe.

Every spring a pair of Sandhill Cranes come and hang out in my yard. They're cool to watch especially when the male starts his full on mating dancing. However their presence drives my shepherd nuts and every time he goes out it's bark, bark, bark. They pay absolutely no attention to him which I think makes him more barking mad. It's great that he barks when there are animals around because the usual ones are predators. I just wish there was a way to communicate to him...this one good....that one bad.... Been trying but it's not working yet!

keithpowers is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nettle View Post
    Another animal related gripe.

Every spring a pair of Sandhill Cranes come and hang out in my yard. They're cool to watch especially when the male starts his full on mating dancing. However their presence drives my shepherd nuts and every time he goes out it's bark, bark, bark. They pay absolutely no attention to him which I think makes him more barking mad. It's great that he barks when there are animals around because the usual ones are predators. I just wish there was a way to communicate to him...this one good....that one bad.... Been trying but it's not working yet!
    My advice: a spray bottle/mister. My coonhounds go crazy [sometimes] when they hear something out of the ordinary (say, another dog barking outside) and 1 little squirt sends them retreating to their doggie bed...
    Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
    Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
    Current weight: 210.8 lbs
    Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
    ChooseMyPlate

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    People who bring their lunches in insulated bags and put the bags in the refrigerator.....duh......

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    People who think their emergency = my emergency or people who expect way more than they give. Case and point - it took 8 months to write a document but when given to me they expect all revisions, rewrites, changes, etc done by Friday. Okay, so because this is now a top priority I should do in 4 days what you did in 8 months? Yeah...no.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keithpowers View Post
    My advice: a spray bottle/mister. My coonhounds go crazy [sometimes] when they hear something out of the ordinary (say, another dog barking outside) and 1 little squirt sends them retreating to their doggie bed...

Thanks for the idea Keith. My Aussie Shepherd goes absolutely bonkers when anything outside is off so I will definitely try this out on him!
    Georgette

simpstr is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Women's shirts aren't made for people with muscles (or at least not ones my shape). The shoulders are too narrow, the sleeves don't fit right, but the torso fits nicely; the alternative is something that fits the arms and shoulders but is baggy elsewhere. I'll have to start going to the tailor. I have a friend who is a designer, and I think I am going to have get her to do shirts for me.
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have the worse time finding nice dress shirts that have big enough arms to fit me, and they are tight across the chest as well. Why can't women have athletic cut shirts like men?
    Health is Wealth!