Page 669 of 696 FirstFirst ... 169569619659667668669670671679 ... LastLast
Results 6,681 to 6,690 of 6956

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 669

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    As long as we are on weather gripes.... my gripe is that we've had no rain this Spring. I'm afraid we are going to have a hell of a fire season this Summer, in fact we've already had a couple of fires.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    As long as we are on weather gripes.... my gripe is that we've had no rain this Spring. I'm afraid we are going to have a hell of a fire season this Summer, in fact we've already had a couple of fires.
    I hope you get your rain soon . My work's parent office is in Santa Barbara and I guess fires are pretty common in the hills there.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    My gripe is TOO MUCH RAIN. It's like Spring was late this year. It should all be clearing up by now.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I'll take your rain. ALL of it. Fucking lawn idiots are draining our aquifers and can't see that aquifers don't replenish immediately.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I'll take your rain. ALL of it. Fucking lawn idiots are draining our aquifers and can't see that aquifers don't replenish immediately.
    I'll one up you on how stupid people are with regards to water: I live in area that has a serious lack of water, so now a freeway bypass is being put in which will go through a wetlands just outside of the city limits, and what do you think they are going to do? They are putting in 50,000 wicks which will go 80 ft down to wick away the water so the freeway can be built. Sounds like a really good idea afterall who needs water?

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Freaking 100F today and I work outside.

Since it doesn't cool down until after Halloween, that means it's going to be upper 90s to 115F for almost 6 months straight.

And no, it's not always a dry heat. Monsoon season is 4 out of those 6 months.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Two words: Corneal abrasion.

OUCH... *whine*
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Two words: Corneal abrasion.

OUCH... *whine*
    Ouch ouch ouch! Back in the olden days, my hard contacts scratched my corneas at least once a year. It hurts! Poor baby.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    My mechanical pencil bit it and I keep forgetting to buy a new one. I'm stuck using the crappy office wooden ones with crappy ferrules and points that don't stay sharp for more than a minute of use.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

whitegirlinasia is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Mother nature's monthly torture coming ON karate class day. I thought I was going to pass out. Agh!!