Page 668 of 696 FirstFirst ... 168568618658666667668669670678 ... LastLast
Results 6,671 to 6,680 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 668

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    There is some sort of unspoken rule that we have to bend over backwards to accommodate vegetarians. When people have them over for dinner, they automatically cook an entire vegetarian meal for their whole family, rather than just providing an additional dish that the vegetarian could eat. We wouldn't want their delicate sensibilities to be offended by being present while meat is being eaten. But if they invited you over, they would hardly be serving meat.

Maybe it's because they complain a lot when there aren't options they like. I guess we'd have to grow in numbers and start speaking up to start getting respect.
    To be fair, I don't think that eating meat / not eating meat are equivalent and inverse binary choices, the same way that killing someone and not killing someone isn't.

We have good vegan friends, and when we eat together, there is no wheat OR meat to be seen on anybodies plate. Lots of fruits and vegetables though.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    To be fair, I don't think that eating meat / not eating meat are equivalent and inverse binary choices, the same way that killing someone and not killing someone isn't.

We have good vegan friends, and when we eat together, there is no wheat OR meat to be seen on anybodies plate. Lots of fruits and vegetables though.
    I would describe that as accepting the rule. Out of respect for the vegetarians/vegans, no meat is served to anyone at the table for that meal.

You may feel you have a different reason, or differently nuanced. Most people serve no meat at a meal where they are hosting for a vegetarian for that very reason.

Either a dish contains meat/animal products or it doesn't. That's binary to me.
    Last edited by eKatherine; 05-06-2013 at 04:44 PM.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    #1 - having a cold for my entire vacation when I NEVER get colds.

#2 - SoCal's freaking obsession with low-fat cheese. WTH!!!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    #1 - having a cold for my entire vacation when I NEVER get colds.

#2 - SoCal's freaking obsession with low-fat cheese. WTH!!!

on the cold; that sucks. The second one is a shocker to me, though. I always think of CA in general as being sort of trendy, and good locally sourced cheeses and meats are such a big deal right now. Get thee to a cheese shop! Or a good deli.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    on the cold; that sucks. The second one is a shocker to me, though. I always think of CA in general as being sort of trendy, and good locally sourced cheeses and meats are such a big deal right now. Get thee to a cheese shop! Or a good deli.
    I'm back in Nevada now, land of "Do whatever the hell you want", so I'm back to REAL cheddar!

It was a little horrifying, though. Egg whites and low fat cheeses everywhere.

And donut shops on every corner. :::shrugs:::
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    I'm back in Nevada now, land of "Do whatever the hell you want", so I'm back to REAL cheddar!

It was a little horrifying, though. Egg whites and low fat cheeses everywhere.

And donut shops on every corner. :::shrugs:::
    Low fat cheese!? Noooo now I'm going to never be able to sleep again! D:
    Low fat egg whites....is that....possible?? Eew
    I feel so isolated as every day I search for others like me, I havn't found them yet but I will one day...

<3 I have conquered Bulimia, Depression and Anorexia with Paleo! <3

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SkullCandyxox View Post
    Low fat cheese!? Noooo now I'm going to never be able to sleep again! D:
    Low fat egg whites....is that....possible?? Eew
    Egg whites are pure protein... no fat.... the fat in the egg is in the yolk

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    It is the middle of May. It was 38 F at 6 am. It is now 50 F at 10:30 am. Enough with the bloody fracking cold weather all ready!

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    It is the middle of May. It was 38 F at 6 am. It is now 50 F at 10:30 am. Enough with the bloody fracking cold weather all ready!
    My weather app claimed it was 35F this morning. It was definitely warmer than that! I biked to work. My apartment is a lot colder than it is outside, usually.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    My weather app claimed it was 35F this morning. It was definitely warmer than that! I biked to work. My apartment is a lot colder than it is outside, usually.
    Here in Delaware lows should be in the 50s and highs in the low 70s. Feels more like March than May, lately.