Page 661 of 696 FirstFirst ... 161561611651659660661662663671 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,610 of 6960

Thread: Gripe of the Day page 661

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    What news?

ETA OK went out and looked.

who would want to blow up the boston marathon?
    Last edited by quelsen; 04-16-2013 at 10:47 AM.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    I assume the Boston Marathon Bombing.

GOTD: SCREW this cold Iowa spring. Outside trying to get broccoli and cabbage plants in the ground and it starts raining ice. SERIOUSLY? I'm chilled to the bone.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, I am close to Boston and heard about it within about 10 minutes. There is so much shit and lies being spread around about what happened. It's so frustrating to sit here and listen to people talk about how terrible it is one second and then spread rumors the next. And saying that we should bomb whoever did this? Yeah, that's a brilliant idea. Let's tell them that what they did was OK. I AM BEING SARCASTIC.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

So what did happen? I don't trust news sources.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    So what did happen? I don't trust news sources.
    This is the best news source I have found (confirmed a lot with some friends who were in Boston and spoke to people first-hand). It's mostly compilations of local sources tweeting and interviews at this ponit, but there were a lot of articles yesterday. You can put together a lot by comparing the articles.
    Live blog: Bombings at the Boston Marathon

In short, two explosions occurred in Copley Sq (at the finish line) around 2:50PM, April 15th. This is around the time that a lot of casual runners are finishing the Marathon. The explosions occurred within 5-30 seconds of one another, within a few hundred feet. Details about the devices that caused the explosions are fuzzy at this point, but there have been reports of ball bearings taken from wounds, which absolutely indicates bombs. 3 confirmed dead, over 130 injured. Injuries vary, but the worst I have heard are that some people lost limbs. One of the victims was an 8 yr old boy, they just released information about a 2nd victim who was lived in my town (didn't know her).

No information has been released that authorities have any idea who did this or why.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Thank you, dear. I saw one article saying they arrested a 20 yr old arab guy, but I didnt believe it. Your info is much better.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    There is so much shit and lies being spread around about what happened. It's so frustrating to sit here and listen to people talk about how terrible it is one second and then spread rumors the next.
    I am not a Bible thumper, but there are words of wisdom in there, and it has a lot to say about gossips and gossiping. Namely - don't. I feel you on this.
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Thank you, dear. I saw one article saying they arrested a 20 yr old arab guy, but I didnt believe it. Your info is much better.
    They did search the apartment of a Saudi national, then said he was not a suspect.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Badkty22 View Post
    People who abandon animals. Did my first volunteer shift at the local shelter today, so heartbreaking. Probably not just my gripe of the day, my gripe of all time!
    Yep, they definitely classify as douchebags! And some of the excuses are pathetic
    Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Digby View Post
    Youngest brother just diagnosed with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer; it has spread all over. He's gone off to Chicago to that disreputable Cancer Center of America (owner a big Teabagger supporter), who are making pretty wild claims. Bad enough to lose my baby brother, but having people goudging the dying is really the limit. Btw, even though he was always thin, he drinks Pepsi every day and eats SAD.
    Condolenses
    Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!